A lowly kill... but still so very much fun!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on A lowly kill... but still so very much fun! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a buddy with a slightly modded GT that I happened to meet up with on the highway . ...

A lowly kill... but still so very much fun!

I have a buddy with a slightly modded GT that I happened to meet up with on the highway . Well, I just got my wideband today and figured out why I was down so much power and why I couldnt run any timing at all. My AFR's were 11.9:1 to 12.1:1 in some places in boost! Now that I got them back down to around 11.2:1 I could add another pound of boost and add back in a degree of timing(out of the 4 that I had to pull off my dyno map) and it is Awesome!! Ahh well, long story short he was in front of me on the onramp and he got a almost half gear jump(like 4 car lengths) at the start of the ramp and I was 6 inches from his bumper by the end of it and passed him when I got out on the highway. Then he passed me just cruising and waited on me and punched it when he was about 3 and a half cars ahead of me without me being ready. So, I ended up passing him going a good 15 mph faster than he was when I caught up, hehe.

Who says WRX's cant go top end??

Yeah I know it was only a GT... but I havent raced ANYONE in a looooooong time cus my car sucked and it felt really good to eat up 4 cars getting to him and then another 4 or 5 after I passed.

RJ
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: A lowly kill... but still so very much fun!

Originally posted by eightballrj
    I have a buddy with a slightly modded GT that I happened to meet up with on the highway . Well, I just got my wideband today and figured out why I was down so much power and why I couldnt run any timing at all. My AFR's were 11.9:1 to 12.1:1 in some places in boost! Now that I got them back down to around 11.2:1 I could add another pound of boost and add back in a degree of timing(out of the 4 that I had to pull off my dyno map) and it is Awesome!! Ahh well, long story short he was in front of me on the onramp and he got a almost half gear jump(like 4 car lengths) at the start of the ramp and I was 6 inches from his bumper by the end of it and passed him when I got out on the highway. Then he passed me just cruising and waited on me and punched it when he was about 3 and a half cars ahead of me without me being ready. So, I ended up passing him going a good 15 mph faster than he was when I caught up, hehe.

Who says WRX's cant go top end??

Yeah I know it was only a GT... but I havent raced ANYONE in a looooooong time cus my car sucked and it felt really good to eat up 4 cars getting to him and then another 4 or 5 after I passed.

RJ
    nice runs! What is Zeitonix ZT-2?(pardon my ignorance!)
    Hopefully i can get my car tuned this week, and the fun can resume...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

What kind of power are you throwing down ?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

The Zeitronix ZT-2 is a wideband that only costs 279 bucks! It logs in that form also! Zeitronix.com is the site for it.

Here is my dyno sheet at 16.5 psi with two more degrees of timing than I was last night. But, I ran 17.0-17.5 pounds of boost.

Thats on crappy St. Louis winter pump gas on a dyno dynamics dyno!
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)

Are you running really conservative ?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

When? On the dyno or on the street??

I thought the almighty 20g-s can put much more than 300 whp ?

Is this a graph for 91 octane ?
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

That graph is on a from scratch tune that we did... it was a crappy tune that I havent been able to run up until now. The "almighty" 20g has nothing really to do with peak power output on pump gas... the car is limited by heads, cams, and octane. But, yes I am running very consevative... notice that I was ONLY at 16.5psi of boost on pump. I could probably run 19 with a good tune. You also have to remember that that was on a dyno dynamics dyno (a 911TT makes 340 or 350whp on it) That gas was on winter 93... so it would be like running 91 from down here.

Richard

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Whuppin up on someone always makes you feel good.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.