WRX vs. Constable (CV-PI)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Constable (CV-PI) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Guys, I do NOT advocate running from Law Enforcement. Ever. I don't suggest that the readers of this do it ...

Unhappy WRX vs. Constable (CV-PI)

Guys,

I do NOT advocate running from Law Enforcement. Ever. I don't suggest that the readers of this do it either. However I made a RARE exception due to the circumstances and familiarity with the area.

Comming home on Beltway 8 (recently) at about 2 am in the morning (extremely light traffic, wide lanes, no "unsafe" traffic bobbing/weaving) I passed thru an EZ-TAG lane in a large kiosk that goes over the highway right before Hwy 45 south. Noticed 2 constables parked in a toll change only lane, standing outside their cars. Didn't think too much of them. So about a mile after the booth I kick down a dog and roll Scooby up to a nice three digit figure. I pass over 45 and go in to the big wide 1/4 mile sweeper and keep rolling. About a mile after the sweeper into the straight I notice a set of headlights waaay back in the distance - but moving quickly. (Footnote:The beltway like most freeways in Houston rolls up and down in elevation due to over-passes, so you have up and down slopes about every mile.) On the next upslope I can see the other car make the downslope, but he got "stuck" behind 2 cars going the same speed. When I saw the quick flash of the red and blue and the cars submitting to let the pursuing car through knew what was up... I was being shadowed at a distance.

I had a 4 mile span to work my magic. The side of Houston that I was on is mostly rural so I knew if I executed this well, It would be almost impossible for him to get behind me to the point that it would be obvious that he was pursuing "me." Kicked it down again and reamed out 4th to 7,200 and slapped it to 5th.. Scooby pegged past 140, I am not sure what speed but for you that know the drive ratios well, comming off the downslope I was turning 5,700 RPM's in 5th (ONLY MODS ARE AIR RESTRICTOR REMOVAL, GROUND AND MBC)

About 1 3/4 mile back, the lights are swinging full on the 5.0... and LOOSING GROUND I am reaming Scooby for all he was worth - and all the time the car continued to be smooth, responsive and frightingly fast...

Over another overpass and my target exit was at hand - a unattended toll booth. 2 miles further down the road was another major kiosk - and certianly more constables. I shot through the booth, and flipped off the lights prior to exit, only using compression braking and DRL's (which are bright enough to see by!)

I sprinted up the deserted feeder road and quickly slammed the WRX through the next underpass (via a quick E-brake turn and AWD kicking back in the straight-line pull ) and got on the opposite side feeder road going the other direction. In my rearview I could see the lights speeding off in the opposite direction on the freeway... I quickly hit the sideroad and picked my way home through the backroads.

Whoever says that the WRX cannot handle itself at high speed does not know what they are talking about. It was a little winded past 135 but nevertheless pegged past 145 and held it there for 2 miles... Not bad for a little ugly car with a not-so-great drag co-efficent.

Last edited by Master Of Pain; 07-22-2002 at 08:21 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I only have one thing to say:

HOLY FREGGIN SH*T!

Are you certain they didn't get your plates?

-Jim

Ummm, speaking completely off the record now

nicely done young man, nicely done

and for future reference, a nice little toggle switch under the dash will work wonders for making your lights out back disappear LOL.

knew some guys that did this on their crotch rockets, toggle off the tail/brake lights and evade for fun.

Originally posted by glepko
    Ummm, speaking completely off the record now

nicely done young man, nicely done

and for future reference, a nice little toggle switch under the dash will work wonders for making your lights out back disappear LOL.

knew some guys that did this on their crotch rockets, toggle off the tail/brake lights and evade for fun.
    I know of a fellow that had a toggle for two, of his rear four, tail lights on his vette. That'd confuse people.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

I have often wondered privately if I would do the same thing at night if I was close to my house on some of the rural backroads. I guess you have to be real confident that a) He didn't see your plates. b) If he radios in, there's no cop up ahead to intercept you.

I definitely wouldn't have the balls to do it on city freeways. You're a brave man.

-Pace

Originally posted by pace
    I definitely wouldn't have the balls to do it on city freeways. You're a brave man.
    or a complete psycho.

-Jim

Man of Subaru

Total psycho blazes the roads
    Passing under the cop's nose
    Driving at a cool 115
    Making his 17" tires scream
    Knows the area really well
    No surprise he evaded hell
    145 was the top speed then
    E-braking around those scary bends
    Mod those tailights for the very best fake
    But slow the ***** down, for heaven's sake!

*cough*
    I hope i never post anything as embarassing as that anymore!!

Reading that post was amazing, good driving!
    Last edited by Trailboss; 07-22-2002 at 11:41 AM.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss516
    Mod those tailights for the very best fake
    But so the ***** down, for heaven's sake!

I hope i never post anything as embarassing as that anymore!!
    That's awesome! Is the last line supposed to be "slow" or "so"?

-Jim

DAMMIT!

I meant to write "slow"
    Glad you liked it (edited it)
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Re: WRX vs. Constable (CV-PI)

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    I do NOT advocate running from Law Enforcement. Ever. I don't suggest that the readers of this do it either. However I made a RARE exception due to the circumstances and familiarity with the area.
    And I don't recommend posting about such events in a public forum with such specific details and identifying information. There are several cops on the i-club that I know of, and perhaps some here as well. They love Subbies but I don't imagine they love posts like this. I can't even imagine the number of charges you would face if one of them picked up the phone, nor the number of years you'd face behind bars.

So this was all a BS story and just some fun fiction, right? Right?

Just trying to be helpful, Padre

Hint: hit the "edit" button.
    2002 WRX Automatic - Cobb RT-Spec with TMIC, Vishnu uppipe and fuel-rails, STi Injectors and Supra Fuel pump, Pro Torque Street/Strip Torque Converter (4100rpm stall), super-secret TC-lock-up mod, and 17" SSR Comps w/ S-03's.

13.25 @ 102 w/ 1.804 60'

Re: Re: WRX vs. Constable (CV-PI)

Originally posted by PadreWRX
    Hint: hit the "edit" button.
    Good idea.

-Jim

Pigs will be pigs. They were doing their job. If there was a Krispy Kreme along the way, I never would had a worry in the world.

I didn't see nuthin'.

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    Pigs will be pigs. They were doing their job. If there was a Krispy Kreme along the way, I never would had a worry in the world.

you won't be calling them pigs when you need them to save your ass.

Originally posted by rally_wannabe

you won't be calling them pigs when you need them to save your ass.
    I used to be one myself, in the military. I didn't like it

Oh well, it's a VS. story, love it, hate it, or disbelieve it. That's what makes the fourm go round.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.