WRX vs. Ferrari 308
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Ferrari 308 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This afternoon one of my friends IMs me asking if he could check out my new WRX. I say sure ...

WRX vs. Ferrari 308

This afternoon one of my friends IMs me asking if he could check out my new WRX. I say sure and pick him up and we just start cruising around. As we're heading down Rt. 22 we both spot this older Ferrari pulling out of a shopping center and start heading in the same direction as us.

I work through the little bit of traffic between me and the Ferrari. We come to a stop light with the Ferrari in front of me with a slower car in the right lane.

Light goes green, and the Ferrari takes off, I could not launch or I would have ended up in his rear....

I hit the right lane as soon as I can and begin pulling on the Ferrari. Hit second gear and continue pulling on him, Im at his rear bumper by this time. I go to shift into third, and its not there! Tranny had shifted under the load and I went between third and fifth, when I finally got it into third, I continued to pull on the Ferrari until traffic forced us to shut it down at around 80 mph.

Guy driving the Ferrari gives me a huge thumbs up as I fall in behind him to move through traffic. Ferrari moves over to the right to get off at his turn and gives another big thumbs up. My friend returns the thumbs up and we continue on our way.

That run certainly made my day

This WR Blue WRX certainly gets more attention than Ive been used to....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do you have any mods?? If not, then i don't see how its possible to pull on any Ferrari. Maybe it was a Pontiac Fiero??
    Im not saying that it couldn't happen. I guess anything is possible??
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

The 308 is not fast at all. I don't see how you would lose to that car.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Not fast, but a classic...
    I mean, Magnum drove one for Chrissakes.
    Steve McQueen's got nothin' on me...
    I'll take you back, west of Pleiades...

On the dyno I go to, a 308 puts about 170-180 to the wheels, whereas a stage 2 WRX has about 200-210.

Ferrari/Lambo dyno graphs: http://www.ktrperformance.com/galler...s_05_01_04.htm
    Subaru/Audi/VW: http://www.ktrperformance.com/servic...graph_main.htm
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Originally posted by GriffinREX
    Not fast, but a classic...
    I mean, Magnum drove one for Chrissakes.
    It's a great car by all means.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

The AutoWeek magazine I got in the mail today has an article about the 308, a 2926cc V-8 with 240hp at 7700rpm was the best of them, after 1980, output was reduced to 205hp though some power was recouped in later years, the article doesn't say how much. This in a 3050 pound car, handling is supposed to be all Ferrari, though. 0-60 in 7.3 seconds and a top speed of 147 are also cited. Good kill, but you probably don't want to go out and take on an F40 yet.
    Orange cones fear me.

Yeah, Im still stock. I know that the 308 is pretty much the only Ferrari that I can run with right now, but it certainly was fun, hehe.

a ferrari is a ferrari its still cool when u beat 1 no matter what kind it is.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.