vs. 350Z Roadster
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on vs. 350Z Roadster within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had a bunch of runs with a friend today in his new 350Z Roadster. So I'm assuming that I'd get ...

vs. 350Z Roadster

Had a bunch of runs with a friend today in his new 350Z Roadster. So I'm assuming that I'd get him off the line and he would start gaining on me... and I'm assuming that he would have no problem with me from a roll (he's got an auto). I was wrong about some of that.

From a dig, I got him no problem as expected.

But from a roll, what happened was we were basically neck and neck up until about 60 mph, then I started to pull on him. Between roughly 60 - 80 mph he was at my rear bumper. This is not what I expected... felt good though . We repeated this a few times with the same results each time.

He's stock and I've got a turbo back exhaust with a Prodrive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: vs. 350Z Roadster

Originally posted by Sotbas
    Had a bunch of runs with a friend today in his new 350Z Roadster. So I'm assuming that I'd get him off the line and he would start gaining on me... and I'm assuming that he would have no problem with me from a roll (he's got an auto). I was wrong about some of that.

From a dig, I got him no problem as expected.

But from a roll, what happened was we were basically neck and neck up until about 60 mph, then I started to pull on him. Between roughly 60 - 80 mph he was at my rear bumper. This is not what I expected... felt good though . We repeated this a few times with the same results each time.

He's stock and I've got a turbo back exhaust with a Prodrive.
    you have a prodrive ECU reflash?? Or a Prodrive cat/axleback?

Nice runs btw!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Glad to see we can do that to the Z ...

THe convertibles weigh like 300 pounds more than the hatchback, but still...very nice!

Did he use Tiptronic?? or did he just floor it? With a Turboback, a WRX should be about even with a 350ZR from a roll. I got to say though, if the 350z were a coupe and stick, he probably would of pulled just a little bit on you. Good runs!!
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Re: Re: vs. 350Z Roadster

Originally posted by jigga
    you have a prodrive ECU reflash?? Or a Prodrive cat/axleback?

It's a Prodrive axleback mated up with a txs turboback.

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    Did he use Tiptronic?? or did he just floor it?

He just floored it. The trasmition seems pretty good when I was riding in the Z with him that using the Tiptronic wouldn't make it any better.

Re: Re: Re: vs. 350Z Roadster

Originally posted by Sotbas
    It's a Prodrive axleback mated up with a txs turboback.

He just floored it. The trasmition seems pretty good when I was riding in the Z with him that using the Tiptronic wouldn't make it any better.
    Ahh.. gotcha..

Yeh, WRT using the manumatic functions of many of these transmissions, it has often been found that better acceleration results are better when the car shifts for itself..
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    Did he use Tiptronic?? or did he just floor it? With a Turboback, a WRX should be about even with a 350ZR from a roll. I got to say though, if the 350z were a coupe and stick, he probably would of pulled just a little bit on you. Good runs!!
    It takes more than a turboback to run with a manual coupe from a roll. I've beaten stage 2's from rolls, and i'm stock.
    Auto Z's arent slow from a roll either...they trap around 97-99 in the 1/4 mile.
    Z33

Originally posted by Zmeflyby
    It takes more than a turboback to run with a manual coupe from a roll. I've beaten stage 2's from rolls, and i'm stock.
    Auto Z's arent slow from a roll either...they trap around 97-99 in the 1/4 mile.

I know I would have beaten him by more if I was acutally stage 2. Remember, it also comes down to the driver!

with equal drivers, a manual Z should pull on the top. stage 2 will beat the Z on the 1/4 if driven properly.
    Z33

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.