2002 SVT Lightning
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2002 SVT Lightning within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; LAunched on him by about 2 cars or so, held the lead till 100mph when we shut down, he is ...

2002 SVT Lightening

LAunched on him by about 2 cars or so, held the lead till 100mph when we shut down, he is basically stock other then SC Pullies. Was a great race

Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ahhhhhhhhh trucks
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Re: 2002 SVT Lightening

Originally posted by RobPA
    LAunched on him by about 2 cars or so, held the lead till 100mph when we shut down, he is basically stock other then SC Pullies. Was a great race

Rob
    Sounds like a great race! Do you have any mods on your WRX?

Re: Re: 2002 SVT Lightening

Originally posted by EIonJess
    Sounds like a great race! Do you have any mods on your WRX?
    Rob has an automatic with full exhaust, IC hoses, high stall converter, tranny cooler, MBC, and oh yeah, a 60 shot of NOS.

-Jim

That was a freebie - with less than $600 in mods the L would have schooled you. I know... read my sig..

yeah, a stock lightning will kill a stock wrx, they have like 360 or 380hp, but a killer amount of torque

so unless your wrx can outrun corvettes, don't think it will stand against a lightning

They raced from a stop and apparently the rex got the advantage. Rob is spraying+boosting and that does a lot. I believe bybyv8 hit 12s on stock turbo(?). This was a race from a stop not a roll. It was probably a good race.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

I've raced (and beaten) Lightnings at the track. We're talking 12s Lightnings. "How did I win?" you ask: The Lightning had to lift off twice because he started going sideways.

I love traction.

-Jim

If you see a Lightning with a pair of these Nitto 555R drag radials on the rear + traction bars, you're dead. These tires are sticky gumballs, and 305's to boot...

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    If you see a Lightning with a pair of these Nitto 555R drag radials on the rear + traction bars, you're dead. These tires are sticky gumballs, and 305's to boot...
    There's a guy around here that has them on his Lightning. He hooks up solid ALL THE TIME. Those tires are awesome.

Give me a couple more months, and I won't be worried about him either.

-Jim

We all know they are fast. It seems you are getting upset. Maybe you should get another lightning. No1 said the lightning got a awesome start etc etc. His car could have been running bad or he has a cel or whatnot. This was probably a street kill since we all know Rob doesn't go to the track. The streets are very different from the track.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

No, the 555R's are designed to hook up hard on the street. Ever launched a rear-wheel drive vehicle with 60% of the vehicle weight on the nose that had 500-600 ft-lbs of TQ? it is no easy feat. That's why the Chevy Syclone was such a big upset vehicle on the street - like the WRX, it was AWD, and could hook like hell.

The WRX is killer for hookup, what pisses me off is the lack of torque. I wish the flat 3.0 6 was shoved in this bad boy instead of the 2 liter four.

It is an art and a mastery to lauch an L properly - but even more awesome to behold a 4700 lb truck run some 11's.

The WRX is killer for hookup, what pisses me off is the lack of torque. I wish the flat 3.0 6 was shoved in this bad boy instead of the 2 liter four.

It is an art and a mastery to lauch an L properly - but even more awesome to behold a 4700 lb truck run some 11's.
    Lack of torque? It's a TWO LITER ENGINE! The reason it's a 2.0L is to meet FIA WRC rules. You can always stroke it to 2.2L. How many 2.0L do you know of that make more torque than a WRX? Besides it doens't take a ton of torque to move a 3100lb car. It does take a lot of torque to move a 4700lb truck, but that's why it's a truck.

-Jim

The one that i raced was on stock tires, this was a fair race from a stoplight, with about 10 witnesses. I have beaten lightening in the past. i have raced a 2002 lightening who is a friend of mine who has pullies, intake work, and a 25shot to cool his SC down, i still beat him to 80mph, then he went hammering by, how u ask?? As plat and a few otehrs have said, TRACTION.... I personally want a lightening, But without hooking up, its all playing catchup with those things... Kinda like Grand nationals.. Noone has to tell me what little $ in mods it takes to get the lightenings into the 12's, Trust me i know. Im just telling my results from my race with a 2002 lightening with sc Pullies on street tires, dont have to tell me what lightenings can do, trsut me i know, my friend that has one with the 25 shot, that thing is sick

Rob

how much do stock lightnings cost
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.