WRX vs. Boxter S
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Boxter S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm coming homd from the track and there is a Boxter S zooming by me. I get to the light ...

str

WRX vs. Boxter S

I'm coming homd from the track and there is a Boxter S zooming by me. I get to the light but it is green before I can come to a full stop. I get ahead of him and he starts to rip it. I let him get close to me and I gun it in third because he's pulling hard. I slow down and let him pass and we come to a light. There's cars next in the other land so i get behind him. he starts singnaling me to get over in the shoulder to race him. I wasn't about to race him in the shoulder lane so we both gun it off the line. I nearly ram into the back of his car in first gear and I rode his ass before I slowed down in third. I think it was automatic or he didn't know how to drive it because I would have taken him off the line. I thought those things were faster. I had to turn off on a ramp so we didn't get to line up after that. I know those thing are fast in higher gears but I thought they were faster than a WRX off the line.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Boxster = slow
    911 = fast

carlo-
    actually, the boxster s is a very fast car. dont know exact numbers, but i remember someone saying in the past that a boxster s is quicker than a 911 carrera.

str-
    could have been a bad driver, also could have been your AWD advantage off the line either way, the WRX is faster off the line due to traction.

o-|-<) bryan
    Last edited by Wrinkleboi; 07-28-2002 at 07:02 PM.

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

not that fast---about 14 sec 1/4 mile---best I could get out of my father-in-law's was a 14.4

He now has a z06--I got a 12.4 in the 1/4 mile in that. THAT's fast.

str
    That makes ense then luderchirs since I can run a 14.2 in the 1/4. I think it may have been automatic. I know for sure that they have higher top end.

Boxters are just a poser car they aren't fast. I would say even a stock WRX should give them a good slapping. (Entry level porche)

Yeah, other then it handles like nothing else, out brake most of the cars in this class.. it is sure a poser car
    Not everything is 1/4 mile.

I take your point but I fail to see how a boxter will outhandle a WRX paticularly an STi and if you go into it's class (N/A) well a honda S2000 will soundly spank it in every way (I do think the boxeters look very nice though Porches are extremely well built machines.

lets just keep in mind that the Boxster Type S is a much different animal than the regular Boxster...

the Boxster S has 250 hp with 225 ft./lbs. torque and goes 0-62 in 5.9 seconds while the regular Boxster has 217 hp with 192 ft./lbs. torque, going 0-62 in 6.6 seconds.

a WRX should be able to beat a Boxster somewhat easily, especially at lower speeds. however, watch out for the Boxster S... it would be a good race.

o-|-<) bryan
    Last edited by Wrinkleboi; 07-28-2002 at 07:02 PM.

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

A newer and more powerful Boxter is coming out soon.
    But on a track, I don't think any car with the same HP will out handle the current Boxter S. It actually does about the same track times as a GT3, despite the lack of outright horsepower.

Anyone who thinks a S2000 will out handle one obviously doesn't know that this RWD Honda actually handles like **** on the track.

Nice engine though.
    "S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

Ok so I was kinda comparing it to the Boxter not the S but I nearly bought an S2000 not too long ago and they are an excellent handling car but not all that comfortable and the interior is pretty crappy (also really noisy with the top up)
    I still think the Boxter is way over priced for what it is.
    I really like porches and I find it strange that every once in a while they do bring out a lame car... what was that early 70's one really ugly no grunt... anyway... I'm not bagging them out sorry if I offended anyone with the poser comment I was just saying that the boxter is more about the badge than alot of the other things that give porches their awsome rep.

Peace

when i was buying my WRX, the dealer couldnt stop talking about how its faster than the S and all that. I still don't beleive it really. 0-60, yes, but after that its all S's ass
    Brian

The Boxster S might be a tid bit faster than the S2000, and for a stock WRX to take a Boxster S in the 1/4 and beyond would require a good planetary alignment.......

I like the Boxster S

here are some numbers according to supercars.net

2000 Boxster S: 252.0 bhp @ 6250 rpm, 0 - 60 mph in 5.5 seconds,
    0 - mile in 14.0 seconds

2000 Honda S2000: 250.0 bhp @ 8300 rpm, 0 - 60 mph in 5.5 seconds, 0 - mile in 14.8 seconds

2001 Subaru WRX: 247.0 bhp @ 6000 rpm, 0 - 60 mph in 5.6 seconds, and they don't have the 0 - mile time

2001 Subaru WRX: 247.0 bhp @ 6000 rpm
    They are claiming that the WRX has 20 extra hp? It should be 227 hp.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.