WRX vs. Boxter S - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Boxter S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; thats what it said. I was confused too. Im pretty sure its a mistake though...

thats what it said. I was confused too. Im pretty sure its a mistake though

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

since there wasnt a 2001 WRX in this country, i'm sure they are talking about a WRX from a different country. they might be referring to the European version of the STi??
    o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

isn't bph a different rating system for HP?
    S2000 is not all that easy to drive around the track, since the powerband is so narrow it is hard to maintain peak hp in that car. On the other hand, boxster has a very generous torque and powerband range. Much easier to drive if you ask me.
    But S2000 can be had for 32 grand.

Originally posted by Wrinkleboi
    carlo-
    actually, the boxster type s is a very fast car. dont know exact numbers, but i remember someone saying in the past that a boxster type s is quicker than a 911 carrera.

o-|-<) bryan
    no boxster I've seen can beat any 911 I've raced. the only boxster with performance equivalent to price is the ruf 3400 s. the type s isn't a terrible car, just not worth it's sticker. and I don't think a stock wrx can take a type s off the line. that's pushing it.
    let me get behind the wheel of your
    car, and then we'll see who's the
    better driver!

Originally posted by cnoff

They are claiming that the WRX has 20 extra hp? It should be 227 hp.
    This is one of the reasons i-clubers act like jerks, rather than explain this they say 'hey, we're old school, you guys don't even know the history of the car you drive, you probably don't even know it's an Impreza'

Anyway, the first WRX, in 1992 had 237 hp, 208 in Europe, in 94 the STi version had 247hp, 98 brought the WRX and the STi to 276hp (the famed 22B). Now the 2001 STi produced 276 in Japan, and 261 in Europe, but I don't have the specs for the non-STi Impreza WRX, but I'm guessing it's 247 overseas...let me find out

and I don't think a stock wrx can take a type s off the line. that's pushing it.
    i'm not sure about a Boxster Type S being as fast as a 911, but it seems pretty obvious that the AWD on the WRX will help it take a Boxster Type S off the line, correct?

i've never seen the two race, but there arent very many cars that can get a jump on the WRX off the line.

o-|-<) bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

It's just "S"------not type "S".

luderchris--
    so true, thanks for the correction. not sure what i was thinking when i typed that (acura maybe??).
    o-|-<) bryan

www.TriStateTuners.com

Originally posted by Wrinkleboi
    luderchris--
    so true, thanks for the correction. not sure what i was thinking when i typed that (acura maybe??).
    o-|-<) bryan
    No problem. Having autox'd and driven a Boxster S quite a few times, MY opinion is that it is a very cool, fun, overpriced car. But that is what Porsche is all about. The WRX is a very cool, fun, affordable car (and much more practical). Having driven both, I think the WRX could take an S in the 1/4 mile, but after that 1/4 mile the S would take a commanding lead.

As for the true reason why the WRX is quoted as having 247HP, that is because it does The WRX they are referring to is the same model as ours, it is just that in Japan, they are not running nearly as many cats, PLUS they run on higher octane fuel. These benefits increase the WRX's power from 227HP (that we get here running 3 cats and 93 Octane) to 247HP in Japan (where they run less cats - One cat IIRC and higher octane gas which is closer to 100 octane). The higer octane gas in Japan also explains why the Honda S2000 cranks out 250HP in Japan, and 240 HP elsewhere.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Ahhh, one boxer engine vs another. One is NA, the other is Turbo. And you are still surprised that the WRX absolutely annihilates the Boxster S? Oh sure, the Boxster might be one of the few cars that would not get absolutely humiliated on a road course, but just remember the WRX mantra:
    If it comes close to us (us meaning you guys, I own one of the worst production vehicles in the history of mankind) on the road, we will crush it off the road.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

str
    ditto. i just found out about a new Acura coming out that is front wheel drive and will crush a wrx off road. I think it is called RSX or something. it costs nearly $500,000 or something and has like 2000 hp. wow.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by str
    ditto. i just found out about a new Acura coming out that is front wheel drive and will crush a wrx off road. I think it is called RSX or something. it costs nearly $500,000 or something and has like 2000 hp. wow.
    Finally, someone else figures out what's going on...I was wondering how long it would take you all...

Ahhh, one boxer engine vs another. One is NA, the other is Turbo. And you are still surprised that the WRX absolutely annihilates the Boxster S?
    More of this troll behavior.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12