Raced a Caddy and an SSR
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced a Caddy and an SSR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My commute to work today was way too much fun for 9am... Cruising down the NJ Turnpike for work, i ...

I Support ClubWRX

Raced a Caddy and an SSR

My commute to work today was way too much fun for 9am...

Cruising down the NJ Turnpike for work, i see a CTS coming up behind me really fast. He pulls up on my right and slows down so he's even with me. I look over and there is something weird about it, but I can put my finger on it. I look again and then I see it.... V Badges! CTS-V! I look at the driver and he knows I just realized cuz I'm giving the car a nice once over now. I give him a thumbs up and throw a rev at him (hard enough for him to hear the Forge BOV) he looks over points forward then punches it. I downshift to third at about 60mph and we go to about 115.... and I go right past him. I was suprised as I thought they were faster. I slowed down and we proceeded to have a shouting convo out the window at 70mph (i had no idea you could hear someone that well at those speeds!). Turns out he had an STi for about a month and it got stolen. He picked up the CTS a few days ago and is loving it.... He exited soon there after..

A couple of miles before my exit I see a Chevy SSR. one I've seen on the road so I pull up next to it just to check it out. Interesting looking car. The guy in it (probably 50 something) looks over and gives me a nod and then punches it (nice exhust sound on these things!) I return the favor, and well... it wasn't pretty. Turns ou the guy takes my exit. We get caught up at the toll plaza and talk for a minute. Apparently he was expecting a whooping.... His son has an STi so he knows what Soobies can do...

Anyway, best commute of the year!
    Last edited by MidKnight; 06-09-2004 at 08:39 AM.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I gotta stop taking sigle lane backroads.......

Godd runs!

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    A good start to the day. WRX up 2-0.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I thought the v would put up more of a fight?....dah well big hp wrx's rule....
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

some people have all the fun!!

People won't even look at me anymore
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

MK, was the car black and tinted out by chance? I saw the first one of those ever, i think he had PA plates? I pulled on him pretty good until 100 then he blew past me, almost caused a huge accident too. I slowed down for traffic and he cut a bunch of people off. . idiots.
    Anyway, sounds like fun man!
    Scott

Kick ass commute. Mine sux! Too much traffic.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Are you sure it was a true CTS-V?? Cadillac dealerships sell plain CTS's with the "V" dress up kits. If you're pulling 360hp to the wheels as your sig says, then you shouldn't have a problem beating one like you did. The V has the Z06 engine in it, so it does have 400rhp but its also heavier. I think they are mid-high 13sec cars.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

I Support ClubWRX
    It was a white V... it was definitely a CTS-V. A CTS would have died like a fish out of water. It put up a fight, but not too much. The car does have a good motor, but it's almost 800lbs heavier than a wrx if I remember correctly....
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I think the ls6 motor in the cts-v is only about 330 whp. I'm not sure about the cts-v, but the z06 is geared much worse than the wrx is up top.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by MidKnight
    It was a white V... it was definitely a CTS-V. A CTS would have died like a fish out of water. It put up a fight, but not too much. The car does have a good motor, but it's almost 800lbs heavier than a wrx if I remember correctly....
    not possible, maybee silver, but white is not made...
    Parts left off of a car cost nothing weigh nothing and do not cause service issues.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by ilivas
    I think the ls6 motor in the cts-v is only about 330 whp. I'm not sure about the cts-v, but the z06 is geared much worse than the wrx is up top.
    Probably a little more than that I would think. It's RWD and rated at 400bhp so I would guess more like 350rwhp. Car and driver has the curb weight listed at 3949lb and the 1/4 mile time of 13.7 so it's not the fastest thing around....
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno

No but 109mph trap speeds are nothing to shrug at...Most wrx's would not keep up from a roll. Plus if the ls1 is like the ls2 then it should get faster as you go faster...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Speaking of trucks...I jad a turbo diesel pull up to me at a light and I'm chatting with my friend and I hear him stalling the truck up so I look over and he just takes off...I was bewildered...now I have to be on the look out for school buses, trucks, minivans etc trying to get a run with me at a light...a nice heads up would have been nice as I was not expecting a turbo diesel duallie truck that actually races,...[/rant]
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.