Legacy vs WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Legacy vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well guys, a bit of intra brand rivaly here. I was on the way home, along a section of divided ...

Legacy vs WRX

Well guys, a bit of intra brand rivaly here.

I was on the way home, along a section of divided carriageway, when i noticed my towbar had grown a wrx, with one of those stupid gothic script things at the top of his windscreen. We cruised along at the speed limit plus 10% (110km/h for you non-kiwis) until we reached a passing lane and he pulled alongside.

As I though... big chromies and bean can, with black as tints... stereotypical boy racer stuff. He obviously thought I was some grandad in a Legacy LX or something cos he looked over as he booted it.... which is when I flooerd it also, hehe.

Smoked him completely

I love bashing WRX`s, in my heavy old family sedan... aside from the bonnet scoop you`d never know it`s got near on 300hp

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill..... I love getting those guys that think there gonna smoke you

Thumbs up

300hp legacy

Props to you !!!
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    True sleeper there,nice kill.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Very nice indeed.

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kill. Now where's the pics of your car. We can't get cool cars like that here in the US. So show us your Legacy.

Did America never get the Twin Turbo Legacies? What a shame, faster than a Rex (most of the time) and better looking to boot. The inside is much less plasticly than the WRX, more in keeping with a performance sedan than a hotted up econobox. As a bonus, they are awesome on a gravel road I`ll post some pics tomorrow, but its probably not as cool as the cars you are used to, no 18" wheels, no graphics or huge wings

Originally posted by Nikolai_V
    Did America never get the Twin Turbo Legacies? What a shame, faster than a Rex (most of the time) and better looking to boot. The inside is much less plasticly than the WRX, more in keeping with a performance sedan than a hotted up econobox. As a bonus, they are awesome on a gravel road I`ll post some pics tomorrow, but its probably not as cool as the cars you are used to, no 18" wheels, no graphics or huge wings
    hmm.. unfortunately, no twin turbo legacy for us over here

You guys are VERY lucky in that you get most of the cars that emerge from the JDM market....
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

holy crap... twin turbo legacies!! Does it make the same hp as the new Legacy GT we have here in the states. And does it look like this>>>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails legacies.jpg  

I just looked up edmunds and the NZ subaru site. The interior of the GT is just awesome.

Maybe one of these days we would get hand me down parts from the GT to the WRX.

By the way the curb weight of the GT is 3435 lbs. Thats slightly > than WRX.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

We'd like some pictures, please
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Nikolai_V
    I`ll post some pics tomorrow, but its probably not as cool as the cars you are used to, no 18" wheels, no graphics or huge wings
    =+- 02' Midnight Black Scooby Rex-+=

Originally posted by wrxinfx
    holy crap... twin turbo legacies!! Does it make the same hp as the new Legacy GT we have here in the states. And does it look like this>>>
    DAMN! Those things look GOOOOOOD!!!!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

4 weeks or so until my turbo Legacy is supposed to arrive.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

If i`d known you all wanted to see it i`d have cleaned it : )Not a good photo, but you get the gist. This model came out stock w/ 183kw (about 250hpish). Mine has a Fujitsubo exaust system, HKS Filter in a custom airbox, and a boost controller plumbed into the secondary... I`m guessing around 300hp, as it pulls way harder than stock, and dyno`s arent exactly common in my part of the world. It`s been lowered about 2" on Bilsteins and Dobisport springs. I`ve stuck with the 16" wheels due to the amount of gravel roads I use it on

The later model 1996 on Legacies came out as stock with 205kw (around 280hp) and a different looking front end and interior.

I like the whole understated look, no spoiler`s, no big body kit, just low(kinda) and fast (with AWD for those Possum Bourne moments)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails legacy tt.jpg  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.