WRX vs. some kind of Honda
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. some kind of Honda within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend wanted to go for a ride in the WRX so I go pick him up. I get on ...

WRX vs. some kind of Honda

My friend wanted to go for a ride in the WRX so I go pick him up. I get on the freeway at the speed of traffic and almost instantly some Honda rice burner(I don't know which Honda it was) pulls up behind me and starts riding my ass. This is something that really pisses me off. So I slow down to 50mph to screw with him a little. He follows for a while longer and changes to the middle lane to pass me. There were no cars ahead for a bit so I downshifted to fourth and punched it. I took it up to about 85, at that point I shut down because the honda was pretty far behind me. I slowed down to 70. I just knew that he was going to do a flyby. He sure did, he went by with at least 20mph on me, I hate that rice burner exhaust noise. I bet he bragged about how he beat a WRX to his friends later that night. If it was later and there were no cars around I would have gone after him. Anyway, it was a good first race for me.
    Blue 5 speed sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

car knowledge owns you..
    Probably a honda civic or accord.

str
    Those ricers love fly bys. There's no reason to push your car after you are several car lengths ahead after you've beaten him. Anyways, its dangerous going that fast over a extended period off time. Slowing down after you've beaten a car is a smart thing and easier on your car.

He will claim that his Vtech kicked in and he gained 7 cars on you.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

Originally posted by Drod
    He will claim that his Vtech kicked in and he gained 7 cars on you.
    haha
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Haaahahaha
    damn I wish my VTEC was that good!!!!
    I hate Ricers They give us poor prelude drivers a bad name
    and I REALLY hate stickers
    oh well won't be a honda driver for much longer

Speaking of Preludes...

Had a good one the other night. Was at a stoplight with a ricer. A real ricer.

Heck, I couldn't tell what it was at first - sooooo much plastic camo-cladding, so little time. Nice paint job - kind of a silver with a purple clear coat. Best mod by far was on his a-pillar - a tachometer that HAD to have been 8" in diameter, just below eye level. In spite of his best efforts to make this schweet pimpin' ride look like one of a kind, it was identifiable as a prelude.

I was explaining to my passenger that this was a prototypical "Ricer". No revving or acknowledgement of racing on his part.

Light turn green, he guns it. With the growl of 1000 angry steroid-induced gerbils, the ricer hits it. I am ready. Take off at 3500 and begin to supremely own the plastic cladded freakshow. Keep pulling and eventually have a car in my lane - no biggie, I'm like 10 car lengths ahead at this point. I pull into the restaurant parking lot, the prelude followed me in and drives by slowly.

Sheesh.

Love the WRX. Will AutoX this weekend. Nice...

'02 Platinum WRX, mod free.
    '00 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 6" lift with long arms and more mods than I can remember.
    '01 KLR 650

heh,

"i hit VT3C IN 3RD and i was gone"

3rd gear VTEC y0!!!!!!

is the typical garbage from honda riceboys

i never give riceboys the satisfaction of a flyby (if there is the space to do so)
    Last edited by Marcolus; 07-22-2002 at 08:41 AM.
    Edge of The Blade

i never give riceboys the satisfaction of a flyby (if there is the space to do so)

I've beaten someone badly and he ATTEMPTED TO do a flyby, so I sped up, beat him again, and for some reason he still wanted to do multiple flybies, and I won't let him again.... etc, etc....

I can't believe how stupid some people are. He kept doing it so many times until we both got to the traffic lights.

He LOOKED both sides, and ran the Red Lights.....
    JUST SO THAT HE COULD FINALLY BEAT ME!!!!

And fark that actually pissed me off so much but commonsense prevented me from doing same to chase after him.
    These days if I beat someone and they attempt to do even a single flyby, I will catch up and change into THEIR lane just to piss them off.

"S15 Silvia - Are you enjoying the view from the side?"

I really wanted to go after him but there were too many cars ahead of me when he finally caught up and did his flyby. Maybe next time.
    Blue 5 speed sedan

RSXracer200

Re: WRX vs. some kind of Honda

Originally posted by Derek
    My friend wanted to go for a ride in the WRX so I go pick him up. I get on the freeway at the speed of traffic and almost instantly some Honda rice burner(I don't know which Honda it was) pulls up behind me and starts riding my ass. This is something that really pisses me off. So I slow down to 50mph to screw with him a little. He follows for a while longer and changes to the middle lane to pass me. There were no cars ahead for a bit so I downshifted to fourth and punched it. I took it up to about 85, at that point I shut down because the honda was pretty far behind me. I slowed down to 70. I just knew that he was going to do a flyby. He sure did, he went by with at least 20mph on me, I hate that rice burner exhaust noise. I bet he bragged about how he beat a WRX to his friends later that night. If it was later and there were no cars around I would have gone after him. Anyway, it was a good first race for me.
    your obviously a ricer if u cant tell what kind of honda your looking at when you see one. and also if u cant tell what honda it was how do u know it was a honda at all? also you down shift to 4th at 50mph when you were supposed to down shift to 2nd at them speeds and yet u still pulled in your wrx huh? most of you might not like me but as you can see this story is like a piece of swiss cheese.....full of wholes.

Edit: also this is only his second post.....are u all realy to blind to see the B.S. he's waving in your faces?

GREAT, RSXracer200 is back...

Originally posted by RSXracer200

most of you might not like me but as you can see this story is like a piece of swiss cheese.....full of wholes.

Let me correct something here. You say most of us "might not like" you. I'm willing to bet there is not one person on this board that enjoys what you have to say, EVER. But hey this is just my opinion and we all know opinions are like...nevermind its been overplayed.
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

RSXracer200

Re: GREAT, RSXracer200 is back...

Originally posted by campbell

Let me correct something here. You say most of us "might not like" you. I'm willing to bet there is not one person on this board that enjoys what you have to say, EVER. But hey this is just my opinion and we all know opinions are like...nevermind its been overplayed.
    gee thanks
    its a good thing i dont care what others think

and also that doesnt change the fact that this kill stinks...because its bull****.

why do you even waste your time coming here just to kick up dust? you know eventually the post will be closed and you'll recieve negative vibes from the members of this board looking for a good time, not for a hassle to deal with people who need to nitpick.
    "Your obviously a ricer cause you dont know what kind of Honda it was"
    Now really, where's the logic in that?
    That would really only apply if you were driving a Yugo in Russia to work everyday, and you would'nt even be a ricer. That's like saying "You obviously love muscle cars because you can't tell what year mustang that it."

Heeelloooooooo logic police!

Go shoot the breeze somewhere else, please...with your swiss cheese.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Re: Re: WRX vs. some kind of Honda

Originally posted by RSXracer200

your obviously a ricer if u cant tell what kind of honda your looking at when you see one.
    acutally, if you were a ricer, you should be a pro at spotting those Hondas

sorry for double post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.