**New GTO gets taken by my new Stage 2?!?***
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on **New GTO gets taken by my new Stage 2?!?*** within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've had the stage 2 set up on for 5 days now and I love every second of driving it! ...

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Thumbs up **New GTO gets taken by my new Stage 2?!?***

I've had the stage 2 set up on for 5 days now and I love every second of driving it! The Helix system sounds awesome and the car is sooo much faster. I looked around all weekend for someone to test my new power out on and couldn't find anyting worthy at all. Then yesterday at a stop light I ran into something beautiful... a brand-new silver GTO! The guy driving was in his 50's + and was just looking at my car at the light. The light turned green and as I we both started to go I hear him dump it. I was still in 1st ~ 3500 rpm so i put it to the floor and went balls out. I actually had a full car on him by the time we shut down at ~ 60mph. I was suprised to say the least that I was able to pull on a GTO from a "roll". The guy was cool and asked what I had as he notioned to my hood. I told him " about 300" and he nodded and drove off. The funny thing was that two girls in a Jetta saw the whole thing and pulled along side me laughing at him (like they knew how fast a GTO was) and gave me a thumbs up! My first stage2 kill!
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice! Did he spin the tires for awhile? RWD, ha
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

I wonder how a "modded" GTO would stand? Great kill!

Very nice indeed.

awesome kill - you get the girls' numbers'?

Originally posted by FastD
    I wonder how a "modded" GTO would stand? Great kill!
    well, this all depends what mods u have... Tghe fastsest stock motor LS1 car, goes 11.22 in the 1/4 this is with no weight reduction, and all boltons...
    LS1 cars are nasty, and the goat will prove iself, however they will always have traction problems as the IRS is not advantageous for drag racing...
    Parts left off of a car cost nothing weigh nothing and do not cause service issues.

yeah i wonder are u a wrx or an sti and are you on a stock turbo, what mods?

Originally posted by Blizwinter
    yeah i wonder are u a wrx or an sti and are you on a stock turbo, what mods?
    hes a wrx sedan with basic stageII mods

nice run! should have gotten the girls numbers and showed them your "header"
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Time to update your profile.

Good kill. Just don't go over 90 or it's role reversal time I would think.

Thumbs up

Great kill. Is it a Cobb stage 2 you're running?

Not bad. But i bet, if you would have kept going he would of started runing away from you, those things breathe fire up top. Good kill tho.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Someting like that happen to me in my 03 Cobra. I ran an EVO 8 from light to light. The passanger a young girl was laughing her ass off at my wife and I and gave us the LOOSER sign. My wife was beside herself and told me to eat their lunch when the light turned green. When the light turned green he jumped me by 1 car to about 70 MPH and then I flew by him like he was standing still. That's what 500 RWHP does for you. At the next light I looked over and the young girl gave me the finger and asked me what the "F" I was looking at. I replied by saying not very much at all little girl, but you shure got a good view of my exhaust as we drove away from your boys big winged EVO.
    Last edited by Drod; 06-09-2004 at 06:42 AM.

Nice kill on the Goat southpaw, you better bring that nasty new setup to the next tunernetwork meet so I can check it out. Or batter yet, bring it to NED when we all go up there to drag! I am jealous, I must start modding my STi before I go nuts!
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Unless you are a cobb stage 2, I doubt your close to 300 hp.

fun kill though
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

nice kill.. theres a few around my town. Mostly old people driving them that never want to play.
    03' WRB WRX, 5spd
    AccessPort w/ VF34 (PDX Tuning map)
    Cobbtuning Intake
    TXS Catless StealthBack /w Stromung XA
    Nino's Uppipe
    Samco I/C Hoses

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.