601 WHP 4.6 L SOHC Saleen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 601 WHP 4.6 L SOHC Saleen within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This car is making 601 RWHP with a stock block, heads, and intake. Who said that the Stock 4.6 SOHC ...

601 WHP 4.6 L SOHC Saleen

This car is making 601 RWHP with a stock block, heads, and intake. Who said that the Stock 4.6 SOHC heads and intake could not flow air.

http://www.blkaustinstang.com/Exhaus...sterSaleen.wmv
    Last edited by Drod; 06-08-2004 at 12:35 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    When you mean "stock heads" you mean ported to hell right? When you say "stock block" you mean atleast a stud girdle right and ARP hardware yes? And when you say stock "Intake" you mean not that crappy plastic ones that most of the newer 4.6 SOHC cars have right? I'm just wondering. I didnt watch the video cause my computer is the suck. I also guess there are running some kind of blower at something outraguous on probaly race gas.

Not doubting it cant be done...I know it can be. There are some sohc in the high mid to low 7's already. I just dont want some guy to think he can hit 600 hp with a STOCK gt and drive it everday...saleen or not it wont happen.

Modifed stock and STOCK or two different leagues. I doubt the cams would support such hp also.

Only mustang I've seen making that much power with STOCK top end is the 03 motor....and we know that's DOHC.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Look at the Video. He swaped the cams.

I'd bet there has been headwork done, and the intake did look like the stocker, but it had an upgraded plenum sitting atop it to go along with that Paxton blower...plus a tune from T&J (who is one of the best tuners for blown 4.6L's IMO) and the GIJoe stuff and the girdle make it that much better.

Definitely doable like 302@12psi said, but I'd wager headwork at least.
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

Still impressive.

Heads are stock, unported. Intake is the stock plastic POS one, unported. Cams were a special grind from T&J Performance in Alpharetta, GA. They did all the work on the built motor, etc. Btw..it's a SOHC 2V motor

Scheister
    601RWHP/498RWTQ

Built and Tuned by T&J Performance

I duoubt It Idles VEry well wit a SOHC cam that can allow the head to breath that much.

I still would rather have the DOHC Cobra, Kenny Bell makes 650 VERY STREETABLE whp and more torque, still amazing.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

scheister,

Saw a post on svtperformance.com and thought I should share it with the folks on this board. Nice car BTW. Thanks for the information.

Rocking car scheister

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Originally posted by scheister
    Heads are stock, unported. Intake is the stock plastic POS one, unported. Cams were a special grind from T&J Performance in Alpharetta, GA. They did all the work on the built motor, etc. Btw..it's a SOHC 2V motor

Scheister
    That's pretty impressive then, good to see CobraKiller and the boys down at T&J tuning the hell out of another car!

VERY good numbers for stock heads and intake on a 2v.

Just think what you could do with some headwork, low comp pistons and a decent intake...

Thanks guys....yup...da boys at T&J know their shat hehehe
    601RWHP/498RWTQ

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not doubting you but how reliable do you find this setup? I'm still not convinced at all that with those mods you would have a nice driver (You never said that so I'm asking). I have no idea what power adder your using but if It's a saleen it's probaly paxton right? What pulley are you using and how much boost? My take on the subject is if it's tune to last awhile...it's not tuned to go down the road. STill sounds like a very nice car.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    I'm not doubting you but how reliable do you find this setup? I'm still not convinced at all that with those mods you would have a nice driver (You never said that so I'm asking). I have no idea what power adder your using but if It's a saleen it's probaly paxton right? What pulley are you using and how much boost? My take on the subject is if it's tune to last awhile...it's not tuned to go down the road. STill sounds like a very nice car.
    good question dude....you wouldn't believe how the car idles, drives, etc...like a fookin dream.. I drove the car home about 600 miles from the shop when I picked it up, and have driven it another 400 miles or so since then. Idles perfect at about 900rpms...

Chad
    601RWHP/498RWTQ

You have a website for the people who did your job.

Originally posted by Drod
    You have a website for the people who did your job.

www.modularfordpowerhouse.com
    601RWHP/498RWTQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast