Stage2? WRX Vs. Upgraded turbo Golf

This is a discussion on Stage2? WRX Vs. Upgraded turbo Golf within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I was heading down to the island last night for some party and I passed a Golf on ...

Stage2? WRX Vs. Upgraded turbo Golf

Hey guys
    I was heading down to the island last night for some party and I passed a Golf on the GSP. I always slow down when I see cars that are modded just to see if they want to mess around. His was lowered, what looked like stock wheels, better tires, HIDs, etc.. I was cruising at 90 or so, slowed down to 80..and he wanted nothing..so I kept cruisin.
    I take the exit and it turns out he is as well. I ripped around the turn and left some space on him, he ended up catching up though and we were cruisin together for a little bit. I had a car in front of me and he passed by a little, and I saw a porsche turbo badge on the car. He would gas it a little and I could hear a pretty mean turbo, and the car would jump.. So when there was noone ahead of us I inched up next to him, gave him a little toot and pointed to see if he wanted to go. We both shrugged, so I dropped it to 3 and as soon as i heard him hit it, I punched it. 4000ish RPM in 3rd till 100mph and I put 4-5 carlengths on him. We were both suprised, I guess, it was a cool night so my car was pulling very hard but.. it would have benifitted him as well. shrug.
    So he pulls up next to me again and we both exchanged smiles and thumbs up. I think I sort of suprised him, and he went his way. When I got to my friends house I was BSing about it with him and he was like 'No way dude! that car ran a 13.2 2 weeks ago at atco" I know it wasn't the awd advantage since we we went from a roll, so I guess this is just another notch in the axe for the ole' suby. The drive from my house to the island is fun, I almost always get at least one 'race'.

Sorry for such a long story, it was good fun tho

Scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats on the win. Maybe your friend was thinking of a different car.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Thanks!

There aren't exactly a ton of golfs that look exactly the same as the one we compared.. grey, turbo badge, stock wheels dropped, seemingly stock exhaust, tinted and gauges on the apillar, tho

Scott

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kill.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

awesome kill - did you say you were stage 2?

thx
    yeah, mbc @15lbs, 3" turboback, uppipe, portmatched exhaust manifold, sti hoodscoop, heavy ass rota actions and allterrain tires, sti v7 suspension*
    Scott