who will win: e36 m3 or stage 2 wrx?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on who will win: e36 m3 or stage 2 wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have cobb stage 2 wrx and my friend with an e36 m3 wants to race. I don't really want ...

who will win: e36 m3 or stage 2 wrx?

i have cobb stage 2 wrx and my friend with an e36 m3 wants to race. I don't really want to go from a dig because I don't want to put that abuse on my car.

I think he has headers and exhaust and intake. His car smokes black at WOT so I'm thinking he has some problems with tuning. I got a ride from him several times, my butt dyno says I can take him but for gears 1-3 i think he'll be able to shift faster (1-2 is really damn long for me)

He's also going to get some heavy rims, so maybe I'll wait. Plus I won't have my WRX back for 2 weeks, my brother is borrowing it.

so, anyone have good experience with e36s?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It will be a drivers race. An e36 typically dynos at around 200-210 whp and w/the exhaust and intake he maybe gained 10whp. If you dyno around that you should win but around 100mph he will start to pull.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

I think the M3 will take you.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Originally posted by Neversatisfied
    I think the M3 will take you.
    i was afraid of that, damn ok we'll see soon

no way, you will beat him. I predict you will pull atleast 2-3 cars on him. I dont even have a stage2 and i bet i can pull on an old m3. I pulled on an SRT-4 (04) who dynos more at the wheels than a m3.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

stage 2 WRX. A stock WRX runs about the same 0-60 as the E36 M3 w/ equal driver.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Originally posted by BobbyD
    no way, you will beat him. I predict you will pull atleast 2-3 cars on him. I dont even have a stage2 and i bet i can pull on an old m3. I pulled on an SRT-4 (04) who dynos more at the wheels than a m3.

-BobbyD
    From a roll I think the I/E E36 M3 is going to win. They trap higher stock that Stage 2 WRX's do. With I/E he should trap over 100mph. They are top end cars, the faster you go the more trouble you're going to be in.

Race him from a dig though and I'm sure you'll win.

Why buy a WRX if you're only interested in rolling races? You picked the worst platform to race from IMO on the roll. Rolling races are for ***** FWD owners...oops, that's me
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Thats very true. Racing your car from a roll isn't using that AWD to your advantage. In fact that AWD will hinder you in a roll race.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

i was curious what happened with this race..if it ever happened

also i raced a e36 m3 on highway from around 70-120 and i pulled a car and a half on him..i dont even have cobb..just dp/up and catback
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

ah i did race him twice.

the first time was in pretty hot weather around noon. i raced him from a stop because i wanted to get some confidence first. i never launch my car so not wanting to bog, i just took off like normal and floored it. he got me off the line and pretty much held his position, i couldn't pull on him and he didn't increase much by 80mph.

a few nights later we went out again. i probably couldn't launch it without bogging or burning the clutch so we just went from a roll few times. first time was about 15mph. i pulled slightly in first, he gained when i shifted 1-2 (he slams those gears, and i feel 1-2 is really long throw on my car). i started pulling on him a little through 2nd and 3rd, then 4th i was was ahead by 1 car and just held it from there.

we went again at around 40mph, he pulled a little until my boost came in on 2nd, then i pulled and ended about 1/2 to almost 1 car ahead.

maybe it was the temperature at night or maybe it was b/c i took out the intake silencer (i know it doesn't add hp but i had it logged before and after. there were some numbers that significantly improved, i think it was the knock timing.) but yay for me he does smoke black at WOT so it could be he has bad tuning.

good races..sounds right....except you should of launched off a stop and put 2-3 cars on him
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

sht
    you should not win but

i just raced an e36 m3 from about 15 mph roll and took him up to about 95ish by a half a car. o yea i stock too so i thinking he was a poor driver. but there is only one way to find out. race him

edit damn im too late
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Originally posted by AwdTurboWrx
    i was curious what happened with this race..if it ever happened

also i raced a e36 m3 on highway from around 70-120 and i pulled a car and a half on him..i dont even have cobb..just dp/up and catback
    I really don't undertsand you guy's Now, I know I was not there, but all these stories about how your stock WRX walked an E36 from a roll does not add up. I have an E36, and I can tell you that not one stock WRX could even hold a candle to me in a roll on! a stock WRX puts down what 185 or something?? C'mon you guy's stop with the tlittle ricey kill storie fantasies.

Now a Stage 2 is a better nmatch for a stock E36, but once you put some basoc mods to that E36 your stage 2 is not gonna hold up from a roll, and even from a dig you may get the jump if you launch properly, but after that I'm gonna pull ya. It's just too funny to read the fantasies that pop up here. I know waht some of you are gonna say, cocky, that car is not invisible, it's not that fast bla blah blah, but let's remember what two cars we are comparing here, a stock WRX or stage 2 against a stock E36 M3 or slightly modded. End Rant!

I Support ClubWRX
    I was waiting for him to answer ^^^

Originally posted by Trainrex
    I was waiting for him to answer ^^^
    You like that huh??

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast