who will win: e36 m3 or stage 2 wrx? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on who will win: e36 m3 or stage 2 wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by flyingace Ok BLITZ, as a novice on M3's ... How much does a stock e36 put at ...

Originally posted by flyingace
    Ok BLITZ, as a novice on M3's ... How much does a stock e36 put at the wheels ?

My buddy has a E46, that I am planning on racing with my stage 2+, thats why I am curious. After reading the boards I assumed E36 would be easy. Also I dont know anybody who owns a E36 M3.

What 325i is E46 ?
    I would assume that an E36 M3 puts down around 200whp and about the same torque.

They run low 14s to high 13s at about 100mph from what I understand. They are deadly from a roll...they have no overdrive FYI so their 5th gear pulls like my third gear. That's why I've always laughed at the kids who say my car has "good" top end. It doesn't
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by flyingace
    Ok BLITZ, as a novice on M3's ... How much does a stock e36 put at the wheels ?

My buddy has a E46, that I am planning on racing with my stage 2+, thats why I am curious. After reading the boards I assumed E36 would be easy. Also I dont know anybody who owns a E36 M3.

What 325i is E46 ?
    A stock E36 M3 will put down anywhere from 200 to 210 usually, with TQ numbers falling somewhere right below 200 or so.

If I am understanding this correctly your friend has an E46 325i??
    You should have absolutely no problem with that particular car. It's 2.5 liter 184 Hp power engine, not much to worry about.

Now if your friend has an E46 M3 sorry bud, but it most likely will not turn out good for you. Granted there are many variables to consider, (bench racing sucks) but these two cars are in different classes.

Don't always believe what you read on the internet
    An E36 M3 is not "easy" bye any means. A stage 2 and a stock M are a good match up, with the edge probably going to the WRX.

Sorry my bad. I was reading this thread and understand that we are talking about m3's that i wouldnt have to be specific and say m3 in my last post, Instead i just felt like mentioning the Body style which is the e46 therefore it is a new m3. I have video footage to show.

So as soon as some one can host it for me ill be glad to show it to you and hopefully this stupid flame war your starting will end.
    Cause seriously this is stupid. I know what I beat and that i could beat it agian. Even worse from a dead stop.

Now seriously all kidding aside. BLITZ's M. A BMW M3 is not a super car or anything like it. So its not imposible to beat it. I have. Both body styles The e36 and e46 bodys. ( That is M3 for those who like to be specific.)

Stock e36 m3's run mid 14's just like a stock wrx so stock for stock that would be a good match up.

Stock e46 m3's run high mid 13's. Cobb stage 2 wrx's run mid-low 13's.

From a roll it is diffrent But the wrx should pull on the m3 till it hits 5th gear then the m3 will close in and win the race.

But who races to 140?

in the 1/4 mile wrx should win

in the mile the m3 should win.

IN the snow wrx hands down.

Now ive said about all i have to say about this.

Some one host this video plz so I can prove Blitz's M and any others that It is posible for a Cobb Stage 2 wrx to Beat a e46 m3.
    Last edited by BlackSnake; 07-22-2004 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks for the response BLITZ... he has a M3 E46 , but he's new do launching. However you dont need to know how to launch with a topend that crazy.

Originally posted by BLITZ's M
    A stock E36 M3 will put down anywhere from 200 to 210 usually, with TQ numbers falling somewhere right below 200 or so.

If I am understanding this correctly your friend has an E46 325i??
    You should have absolutely no problem with that particular car. It's 2.5 liter 184 Hp power engine, not much to worry about.

Now if your friend has an E46 M3 sorry bud, but it most likely will not turn out good for you. Granted there are many variables to consider, (bench racing sucks) but these two cars are in different classes.

Don't always believe what you read on the internet
    An E36 M3 is not "easy" bye any means. A stage 2 and a stock M are a good match up, with the edge probably going to the WRX.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

Originally posted by BlackSnake
    Sorry my bad. I was reading this thread and understand that we are talking about m3's that i wouldnt have to be specific and say m3 in my last post, Instead i just felt like mentioning the Body style which is the e46 therefore it is a new m3. I have video footage to show.

So as soon as some one can host it for me ill be glad to show it to you and hopefully this stupid flame war your starting will end.
    Cause seriously this is stupid. I know what I beat and that i could beat it agian. Even worse from a dead stop.

Now seriously all kidding aside. BLITZ's M. A BMW M3 is not a super car or anything like it. So its not imposible to beat it. I have. Both body styles The e36 and e46 bodys. ( That is M3 for those who like to be specific.)

Stock e36 m3's run mid 14's just like a stock wrx so stock for stock that would be a good match up.

From a roll it is diffrent But the wrx should pull on the m3 till it hits 5th gear then the m3 will close in and win the race.

But who races to 140?

Some one host this video plz so I can prove Blitz's M and any others that It is posible for a Cobb Stage 2 wrx to Beat a e46 m3.
    What do Cobb Stage 2 Rex's usually trap at? You do realize that racing an E46 M3 at a 45 roll is their strong suit and not exactly the WRX's...I understand that you would run mid to low 13s..but that's what M3's run, hate to tell you that. I can't believe you claimed the best possible times for the Cobb Stage 2 and like the god awful WORST for the M3. You'd have to be one-legged to run a high 13 second 1/4 mile in a E46 M3.

I repeat my question: what do Cobb St. 2 Rex's trap at?

And I find it, once again, a bit biased for you to say that a mid to low 13 second car should beat another mid to low 13 second car in the 1/4 mile. Cobb St. 2 runs mid to low 13s. M3's run mid to low 13s.

You do know what that means, right? BETTER DRIVER WINS.

So, as you can see, I'm far from calling BS on any of your claims, but I find your "justification" to be severely misinformed and dead wrong. All you had to do was post the vid for proof. Instead, you launched into a tirade of misinformation. Sorry.
    Last edited by smokey; 07-22-2004 at 01:52 PM.

But who races to 140?

WOW! I don't even know where to begin with this one.

Firts off, this is no flame war. It's guy's talking about cars, relax.

Second, I have already stated that the M3 is not invincible, a supercar etc... etc... but it is a pretty fast car, that can hold it's own very well (the E46 M3).

Third, I have no idea where you get your info, but it's flat wrong where the M is considered. 0-60 in 5.8 or whtever it is that you said, I noticed that you deleted that part good job, try 4.8 and 13.5 in the 1/4 mile, which is on par with the 911 Carrera, and the C5 Vette. You also forget to consider trap speeds there smart guy. You can have a good ET, but a slower trap speed. That just proves your story is probably bunk because an M3 is gonna trap higher than your stage 2 WRX. You know what that means?? In a roll on the M3 walks hard.

I really do not beleive that you know what you're talking about. Your facts are bass ackwards! and you like to argue. Anyway, please, someone with some more knowledge on the stage 2 help set this guy straight.

Oh, and one more thing, I do not believe your little ricey story about pulling an E46 M3, you are full of it in this thread so you get no benefit of the doubt from me.

Good day sir
    Last edited by BLITZ's M; 07-22-2004 at 02:01 PM.

sht

But who races to 140?

i want to see this vid so someone needs to host it. e46's are beast and i would love to see a stage 2 beat it because that will give me hope.
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

video is being sent to be hosted right now. Ill post it in a few Minutes.

More knowlage on the Stage 2? lol I talked to cobb 3 times a week on the phone to Figure out how to make my Stage two set up the best I could. I studied it inside out before i purchased the AP. I know what Im talking abut Im sorry.

Maybe i have a Factory Freak?
    Last edited by BlackSnake; 07-22-2004 at 02:20 PM.

video is being sent to be hosted right now. Ill post it in a few Minutes.

More knowlage on the Stage 2? lol I talked to cobb 3 times a week on the phone to Figure out how to make my Stage two set up the best I could. I studied it inside out before i purchased the AP. I know what Im talking abut Im sorry.

Maybe i have a Factory Freak?
    Why don't you give us some info on your car ie... HP, TQ, 1/4 mile etc.. etc... just curious that's all

You really have not given any type of proof, nothing about your car etc..

My car. ok

04 wrx 14,000 miles

Mods
    HKS Hi-power Catback
    Perrin Twin Dump Down Pipe
    Turbo XS up-pipe
    Tanabe GF210 Springs
    GFB 50/50 BOV
    Wastegate Adjusted 2 turns
    Cobb Tunning AccessPORT Stage 2 93 octane Map

Everything Else Stock

1/4 Mile time With just Down-pipe and Catback 13.7 at 98mph

Havent Ran it recently.

Hp at the wheels should be about 235-240

tourqe Not sure.

Now just waiting on the Host with the video...

Originally posted by BLITZ's M
    Why don't you give us some info on your car ie... HP, TQ, 1/4 mile etc.. etc... just curious that's all

You really have not given any type of proof, nothing about your car etc..
    i'm curious about your times also. BTW if we raced, I would of gladly done it at a track and not on the streets. Somewhere like LACR @ palmdale. You did mention you ran at a track beat a rex and a 350z. Please post your times thanks

P.S. -- My friend also has a 350z and i have no problems giving it a good beating from a stop. I also took him on the highway from 60-115 by a car. (pretty much stock z...just injen cai)
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

VIDEO

Enjoy

I did get a little of a jump in this race but this is the only one i got on camera ussualy it is a little closer. He still didnt pull on me.

Ill try to get another one some time soon if anybody wants it.
    Last edited by BlackSnake; 07-22-2004 at 02:50 PM.

VIDEO

Enjoy
    i'm waiting for the excuses...
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

excuses? Do you mean Blitz?

VIDEO

Enjoy
    You do understand why that guy was holding 3 fingers up at the end of the race, right

Your car is fast, no doubt, but you took like 1/2 car lead...you jumped the gun so hard dude.

its hard to judge the effect of gaining that much momentum, but your car certainly appeared to be slightly faster regardless. I'm not making excuses for that M3 either, but you can clearly see that you jumped the gun and put 1/4 - 1/2 car on him before he went WOT and that can mean all the difference in a race.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast