who will win: e36 m3 or stage 2 wrx? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on who will win: e36 m3 or stage 2 wrx? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced the guy in my avatar's bike once. I pulled up next to him, and I knew it was ...

I raced the guy in my avatar's bike once. I pulled up next to him, and I knew it was going to be on like neck bone sucka. Look at him... he's got a racing helmet on 24/7 so he has to be hella fast. The light went red... to then green and we both floored it. I totally boggard and lost the jump. His moped was just as I predicted... hella fast. I think his helmet gave him aerodynamics because THERE IS NO WAY his 25whp moped should pull on me.

After the race was over I told him he was full of **** and that was a BS race story. He didnt even have a chance to respond when I slapped him across the face and walked off.

Thats my story.
    2004 Silver WRX.
    TurboXS TBE with Prodrive Muffler - Godspeed Uppipe - UTEC - TUNA W/B - Steel Grey Rota Downshifts - VF35 - Pinks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sht
    Originally posted by dosage0
    I raced the guy in my avatar's bike once. I pulled up next to him, and I knew it was going to be on like neck bone sucka. Look at him... he's got a racing helmet on 24/7 so he has to be hella fast. The light went red... to then green and we both floored it. I totally boggard and lost the jump. His moped was just as I predicted... hella fast. I think his helmet gave him aerodynamics because THERE IS NO WAY his 25whp moped should pull on me.

After the race was over I told him he was full of **** and that was a BS race story. He didnt even have a chance to respond when I slapped him across the face and walked off.

Thats my story.
    i love that pic

back on track race and find out
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Originally posted by streko
    we went again at around 40mph, he pulled a little until my boost came in on 2nd, then i pulled and ended about 1/2 to almost 1 car ahead.
    at 40mph until boost came on? what gear were you in, 4th?
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

#This thread has been hijacked officially and will now be called: Incredibly Untrue Races#

Ok, so I was over in Germany for the fall (where I worked in the special racing division of Porsche at Stuttgart) and I was just cruising home from work minding my own business going 90 on the Autobahn. I see a silver speck in my rearview coming up really fast and it ends up being a brand new silver carrera GT!! This guy was following close and acted like he was hot stuff so I decided to have a little fun. I quickly switched to the right lane and the driver of the GT glared at me and went WOT, at that same instant I step on it. We are dead even through 100 with the wrx really starting to breathe, and at around 130 I start to edge on him by a nose then we shut down with me slightly ahead. Next thing I know I see blue lights flashing in the background, soon those lights are on our tail. Its a murciealago cop! The carrera driver and I look at each other and smile, time for a little team work. Long story short we lost the cop going around 190 and eventually pulled off and took backroads, later on we had a beer and a laugh to celebrate our race and our escape.

Originally posted by wrxsc
    #This thread has been hijacked officially and will now be called: Incredibly Untrue Races#

Ok, so I was over in Germany for the fall (where I worked in the special racing division of Porsche at Stuttgart) and I was just cruising home from work minding my own business going 90 on the Autobahn. I see a silver speck in my rearview coming up really fast and it ends up being a brand new silver carrera GT!! This guy was following close and acted like he was hot stuff so I decided to have a little fun. I quickly switched to the right lane and the driver of the GT glared at me and went WOT, at that same instant I step on it. We are dead even through 100 with the wrx really starting to breathe, and at around 130 I start to edge on him by a nose then we shut down with me slightly ahead. Next thing I know I see blue lights flashing in the background, soon those lights are on our tail. Its a murciealago cop! The carrera driver and I look at each other and smile, time for a little team work. Long story short we lost the cop going around 190 and eventually pulled off and took backroads, later on we had a beer and a laugh to celebrate our race and our escape.
    God that would be sweet though, wouldn't it.

Seriously, some of you really need to to relax and realize when people are kidding. Like I said in a previous post, I just like to stir things up a bit. This is the INTERNET! relax. I am fully aware that my car or any car for that matter is not invincible. i just like to mess with people that claim there car is something that it's not.

Unfortunately (AWDTURBOWRX) I do not live in SoCal any longer. But even if I did, I am not really into the whole "let's meet up F&F style thing" I am big beliver in taking it to the track. On the topic of the track, the last time I went I had two chances to run a Vishnu stage 2 WRX. I lost one, and I won one. He got a nasty launch on me, and I could not recover from it, and on the second one his launch was not all that great, I realed him in and did pass him. I also ran a stock 350z twice and one won both times. Those are real events, not bench racing.

For the guy who asked, I have an E36 M3 with 271 at the crank. That translates to 230 at the wheels, 226 TQ. I do have the DYNO sheets for all the haters. Anywhooo, it's all in fun, just relax boys!
    Last edited by BLITZ's M; 07-22-2004 at 08:52 AM.

Originally posted by BLITZ's M
    For the guy who asked, I have an E36 M3 with 271 at the crank. That translates to 230 at the wheels, 226 TQ. I do have the DYNO sheets for all the haters. Anywhooo, it's all in fun, just relax boys!
    With 230whp and 226tq., you would probably trap higher than most Stage 4s on this site.

I've seen high 13 second slips where the Rex's are trapping at 96mph.

REally, from a roll, where driver skill doesn't come into play, it will take a lot of mods for a WRX to beat even a stock E36 M3. From a dig, anything can happen...stock v. stock its a great race. Both typically run low 14s stock.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    With 230whp and 226tq., you would probably trap higher than most Stage 4s on this site.

I've seen high 13 second slips where the Rex's are trapping at 96mph.

REally, from a roll, where driver skill doesn't come into play, it will take a lot of mods for a WRX to beat even a stock E36 M3. From a dig, anything can happen...stock v. stock its a great race. Both typically run low 14s stock.
    Well, if I knew how to drive properly, yes

I do ok, but with a good driver my car should easily be in the 13's with a trap of 101, 102 maybe?? Who knows, I'm not all that great at drag racing, and the two guy's I ran at the track weren't much better.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, if I knew how to drive properly, yes

I do ok, but with a good driver my car should easily be in the 13's with a trap of 101, 102 maybe?? Who knows, I'm not all that great at drag racing, and the two guy's I ran at the track weren't much better.
    At least you are realistic

tons of a cars arE vEry vEry E-Fast so spEctacular thEy rEally arE

I beat a e46 in my cobb stage 2 wrx from a 45mph roll.

I have video footage to show it. Now i just need some one to host it for me.

Originally posted by BlackSnake

I would absolutely love too see this

But hey, if you have the proof then let's see it. I'm not saying it didn't happen, stranger things have happened. I was once abducted bye little green men, they stuck a probe up my pooper ha ha J/K man let's see the vid.

jeb
    Originally posted by BlackSnake

So you pulled on a 325i?
    2002 Silver WRX

Originally posted by jeb
    So you pulled on a 325i?
    HA HA good eye ^^^

I didn't even notice he only said E46. I just assumed he meant an M3. I wonder what model he is talking about??

HA HA good eye ^^^

I didn't even notice he only said E46. I just assumed he meant an M3. I wonder what model he is talking about??

Ok BLITZ, as a novice on M3's ... How much does a stock e36 put at the wheels ?

My buddy has a E46, that I am planning on racing with my stage 2+, thats why I am curious. After reading the boards I assumed E36 would be easy. Also I dont know anybody who owns a E36 M3.

What 325i is E46 ?
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

Ok found a link

Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast