From a Roll: Stock WRX vs S2000 vs RSX-S - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on From a Roll: Stock WRX vs S2000 vs RSX-S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by illusion Or how about a regular wrx with k worth of mods versus the S2k, or even ...

Originally posted by illusion
    Or how about a regular wrx with $10k worth of mods versus the S2k, or even $2k worth of mods versus the RSX-S.

If you think you have to abuse a rex to pull good numbers, you have to do a bomb drop on an S2k to get out of the hole without bogging, then you better wrap it all the way out because second is pretty tall and it will land you in no vtec land if you shift too soon. I'm not saying the s2k isn't a great car. It's one sexy beast with great handling with pretty potent power for it's weight, but if you want to compare one, leave a wrx out it.
    I cut and pasted a bit of your quote so forgive me if some of this is out of context.

First off, WRX is about the same price as a RSX-S. I don't know where you got that from. They sticker the same in my area. So its fair to compare them stock v. stock. I've said it time and time again, WRX is a better performer, bar none. I think I'm fairly objective in that respect

As far as the WRX and the S2k and how hard you have to drive them to get good times..I've never understood any of this to be honest with you. You hvae to drive every car HARD to get good times. Its not like you can launch either of them off idle and get respectable times. With the Rex, maybe you have to feather out at high rpms. With the S2k, same thing applies. Each has their pluses and minues.

BTW, how much better is the STI on a track vs. the S2k? honestly, I don't really know. Never driven either of them - obviously, I'd assume the STI has a major advantage due to torque and power differences.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

depends on the track, on tighter courses the s2k can do quite well, at autoxs they are pretty much equal, the more straights a course has the more advantage the sti has.
    Alex

Originally posted by smokey
    I cut and pasted a bit of your quote so forgive me if some of this is out of context.

First off, WRX is about the same price as a RSX-S. I don't know where you got that from. They sticker the same in my area. So its fair to compare them stock v. stock. I've said it time and time again, WRX is a better performer, bar none. I think I'm fairly objective in that respect

As far as the WRX and the S2k and how hard you have to drive them to get good times..I've never understood any of this to be honest with you. You hvae to drive every car HARD to get good times. Its not like you can launch either of them off idle and get respectable times. With the Rex, maybe you have to feather out at high rpms. With the S2k, same thing applies. Each has their pluses and minues.

BTW, how much better is the STI on a track vs. the S2k? honestly, I don't really know. Never driven either of them - obviously, I'd assume the STI has a major advantage due to torque and power differences.
    Few notes to this. Yes the stickers are about the same. But subaru dealers haggle a little better, they had less of a chip on their shoulder to me. I helped one of my friends haggle for his RSX-S(he has less spine than a jellyfish) and after 3 acura dealers the best I could get for an RSX-S was $1000 OVER invoice for a 2004. Right now a 2004 rex can be had for $2000 under invoice with incentives.

Yes you have to abuse pretty much any car to get it to perform but the S2k is VERY high strung. For the best launch most S2k owners note a 6500-7000rpm launch so you keep in in vtec land if you drop under it bogs BAD. For the rex owners out there, if you think being caught off boost is bad, try getting caught in an S2k at 4500rpms To get anything out of the S2k you need to be above 6500rpms(vtec engagement is 6000).

As as was stated it depends on the conditions which runs better between the s2k and STi. S2K and STi are pretty much on par with handling, except the STi can do it with 4 passengers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123