From a Roll: Stock WRX vs S2000 vs RSX-S - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on From a Roll: Stock WRX vs S2000 vs RSX-S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Cameron I just wish people around here would challenge me I would love to give a S2000 ...

Originally posted by Cameron
    I just wish people around here would challenge me I would love to give a S2000 a run.
    Same here

All your S2k are belong to me

Except for Johnny Tran, he's got over $100k under the hood
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If all the cars are stock, the WRX will lose to both from a roll, especially at 40mph.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

The wrx doesnt really die untill you have to shift to 4th around 95mph after that a 4cly accord could walk it.

It should hang with or beat the rsx to 100 and the s2000 will beat it. It has nothing to do with top end though, just hp to the wheels/weight and gearing.
    Alex

and who cares about stock cars! o.o
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by swipe112
    WRX will not lose to a RSX Type S from a roll. I raced one (stock vs. stock) from about 70 mph - 110 mph and gained almost a car length. Going from a 40 mph roll, you should have no problem. C'mon guys....the WRX has 27 more hp and tons more torque. If anything the RSX traps the 1/4 mile at 93 mph which is dead even with a WRX.
    ...and weighs more and has worse gearing.

Lol, I think its pretty even from a roll, with the edge going towards the WRX for sure.

Trap speeds are probably lower on the WRX because they stick their launch so well. Trap speeds for RSX is probably higher because they sit there and wheel hop and get ****ty 60' times, thus their trap speeds are higher.

Anyway, who's stock anymore? Lol...this topic has been beat to death on multiple occassions.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

WRX will not lose to a RSX Type S from a roll. I raced one (stock vs. stock) from about 70 mph - 110 mph and gained almost a car length. Going from a 40 mph roll, you should have no problem. C'mon guys....the WRX has 27 more hp and tons more torque. If anything the RSX traps the 1/4 mile at 93 mph which is dead even with a WRX.
    27 less hp, at the crank, yes. the rsxs is lighter, has way better gearing and is in its sweet spot at 70mph.

I don't doubt that you did pull, but as the wrx gets into 90+, you are facing 4th gear. I don't know how 4th gear is on a stock wrx, but in my wrx it still sucks.

stock for stock, if the rsxs driver knows how to drive (yes bury the needle at 8200) then I would have to give the nod to the rsxs, but it would be a good race anyway.

good kill though, back when you were stock, etc.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by smokey
    Anyway, who's stock anymore?
    word.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

I have raced a TypeR with exhaust mods and who knows what with my WRX when it was stock. It still is really.... Anyways the race started with me 1/2 car from the Type R's rear bumper with a rolling start around a left turn that turned into 2 lanes. We both shut down at a little over 80 with me a 1/2 car ahead and walking. So actually I pulled about 1 1/2 cars from 20 mph to 80.
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    I have raced a TypeR with exhaust mods and who knows what with my WRX when it was stock. It still is really.... Anyways the race started with me 1/2 car from the Type R's rear bumper with a rolling start around a left turn that turned into 2 lanes. We both shut down at a little over 80 with me a 1/2 car ahead and walking. So actually I pulled about 1 1/2 cars from 20 mph to 80.
    don't know "who knows what else" could include, but type-r's are no joke from a roll if the driver knows what he/she is doing. especially vs a stock wrx.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq

the 27 more hp doesnt matter...rsx type s probably has about the same whp...without awd launch ...it would be pretty even from a roll..with downpipe and mbc at 14psi i pulled on a rsx type s with just intake by 1 1/2 car...and rsx type s traps about the same as wrx in the 1/4 mile..those 27 hp dont mean much when its a roll..our awd tranny losses pretty much even it out

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...sp?ID1=3&ID2=5

comparison..notice traps are about the same..also this is rating the rsx type s very badly..cause they do 14.9 stock with good driver..and notice how without the launch...if off a roll..how close this would be

btw...sorry for hijack..but 2nd gear roll..best speed 2 start for a rex..35 mph??
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 06-11-2004 at 12:28 AM.

Originally posted by Snowvert
    don't know "who knows what else" could include, but type-r's are no joke from a roll if the driver knows what he/she is doing. especially vs a stock wrx.
    Couldn't have been more than an intake and exhaust judging by the outcome.......
    2004 WRX

From years of reading WRX vs. RSX threads at both clubwrx.net and clubrsx.com, I would say that RSX will edge out WRX if the race is to go over 100mph.

WRX has just 170whp at the wheel. Crank hp means nothing in AWD car.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Originally posted by 2004JadeSTi
    Same here

All your S2k are belong to me

Except for Johnny Tran, he's got over $100k under the hood

Ha Ha Ha am I the only one who got this? Johnny Tran from the fast and the furious right? (I hope thats right or else I will look like a idoit) If thats him thats funny and dont forget its spoon built.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

I agree with all of what's stated, but I am curious. I understand the wrx to rsx-s comparo, but if you want to compare s2k, why not compare it with a comparable car like ohh say...an STi? Then from a dig, roll, backwards, mooning the s2k while driving backwards, and all those sorts it doesn't stand a chance. The S2k is going for about $32k and the STi is around the same. That's such a better comparo. Or how about a regular wrx with $10k worth of mods versus the S2k, or even $2k worth of mods versus the RSX-S.

I've driven an STi, RSX-S, S2k(I've even drive a comptech S/C'd s2k), and I now have a little wagon(damn if only they made an STi wagon, I was an asshair from buying the STi, but I really needed a wagon). If you think you have to abuse a rex to pull good numbers, you have to do a bomb drop on an S2k to get out of the hole without bogging, then you better wrap it all the way out because second is pretty tall and it will land you in no vtec land if you shift too soon. I'm not saying the s2k isn't a great car. It's one sexy beast with great handling with pretty potent power for it's weight, but if you want to compare one, leave a wrx out it.

Originally posted by illusion
    I agree with all of what's stated, but I am curious. I understand the wrx to rsx-s comparo, but if you want to compare s2k, why not compare it with a comparable car like ohh say...an STi? Then from a dig, roll, backwards, mooning the s2k while driving backwards, and all those sorts it doesn't stand a chance. The S2k is going for about $32k and the STi is around the same. That's such a better comparo. Or how about a regular wrx with $10k worth of mods versus the S2k, or even $2k worth of mods versus the RSX-S.

I've driven an STi, RSX-S, S2k(I've even drive a comptech S/C'd s2k), and I now have a little wagon(damn if only they made an STi wagon, I was an asshair from buying the STi, but I really needed a wagon). If you think you have to abuse a rex to pull good numbers, you have to do a bomb drop on an S2k to get out of the hole without bogging, then you better wrap it all the way out because second is pretty tall and it will land you in no vtec land if you shift too soon. I'm not saying the s2k isn't a great car. It's one sexy beast with great handling with pretty potent power for it's weight, but if you want to compare one, leave a wrx out it.

W3RD!!
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.