me vs. some Trans Am with ram air
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on me vs. some Trans Am with ram air within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well it finally happened. I've been waiting to see what Cobb's AccessPort has done to my car. I was rolling ...

me vs. some Trans Am with ram air

Well it finally happened. I've been waiting to see what Cobb's AccessPort has done to my car. I was rolling at about 50 mph behind a Camry then this T/A came up fast behind me. I was already on the fast lane and there are cars on the second lane so no choice.

The T/A is just stuck behind my bumper so I know it was go time. Left the car in 3rd gear and like Bruce Almight the lanes cleared. I got on it as well as the T/A. He was trying but I was pulling pretty good. We took it to about 120 with me still pulling hard and I shut it down. It was a good 3 bus lengths. Surprised me maybe him too.

I know. Don't race on the streets. This was a pretty safe part of my area. I haven't done this in about 5 years. Just had to see. Now I know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bus lengths???? What setup are you running? I know you said you have accessport, but what mods is it mapping your ecu for?
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Stage 2. 16.5 psi on the tell tale ticker. Helix up and down to a Borla Hush. Surprised me too. I thought I was going down for sure. I don't know. Maybe he got off the gas and back on to see if he can catch up. No such luck.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by driverj
    Stage 2. 16.5 psi on the tell tale ticker. Helix up and down to a Borla Hush. Surprised me too. I thought I was going down for sure. I don't know. Maybe he got off the gas and back on to see if he can catch up. No such luck.
    As much as I would love to say great kill, I can't. Ram air firebirds are a beast from a roll, even for a heavily modded rex. I don't think he was trying.

That's why I said with some T/A with Ram Air. I really didn't see if it was a real WS6 or something. I would have thought he would like to embarass me with all that might under his right foot. It did put a smile on my face for a bit. I was waiting to see him come up from behind but didn't. Maybe it's the Kartboy huh?

Originally posted by trainrex
    As much as I would love to say great kill, I can't. Ram air firebirds are a beast from a roll, even for a heavily modded rex. I don't think he was trying.
    yea.... i gotta agree..those ws6's and the firehawks are killers when they are rolling....
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

I don't know my TA's very well but it shouldn't matter if it was a WS6 or not. Im taking it that it was a newer model TA right?? If thats the case then i don't think the guy was trying. They still have LS1's in them, about 325chp stock. From a dig, you might just be able to hold him off. But from a roll with your mods, he should of still pulled on you. Im not calling BS, but i just don't think he was trying. Of course this is only if he had a newer TA
    The older ones i believe had the LT1 and those stock, are slow.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Originally posted by fastwrx135
    I don't know my TA's very well but it shouldn't matter if it was a WS6 or not. Im taking it that it was a newer model TA right?? If thats the case then i don't think the guy was trying. They still have LS1's in them, about 325chp stock. From a dig, you might just be able to hold him off. But from a roll with your mods, he should of still pulled on you. Im not calling BS, but i just don't think he was trying. Of course this is only if he had a newer TA
    The older ones i believe had the LT1 and those stock, are slow.

It was the older version from what I saw. I was ready for the BS call out though since I know those cars are just plain ol' mean. If he was pacing me, then that was good pacing coz I was on it. I am waiting for Zoophagy to come in and just kill me....

I might have to agree...

Stock turbo + a roll = ownage by a trans am or any ls1....

sorry man, I dont think he really got on it.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

I Support ClubWRX
    Unless it was mid 90's no way was it a v-8. A WS-6 (LS1 powered T/A) is a beast on top end. If it was a 3.8 (some used 3.4's I think) then that is the outcome. No way did you pull on a ws-6 with those mods.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    Unless it was mid 90's no way was it a v-8. A WS-6 (LS1 powered T/A) is a beast on top end. If it was a 3.8 (some used 3.4's I think) then that is the outcome. No way did you pull on a ws-6 with those mods.
    That is why I didn't want to say it was the real deal, but it was an older version front end. It may have been an Uncle Ben's hood swap.

I actually moved over to the right lane after to give him room to zoom away because I really wanted to see how bad the beating would be, but he didn't oblige.

if it had 2 nostrils, it was an LS1, if it had 1 nostril it was an LT-1

the difference = 300whp versus about 240whp respectively.

so a 3000lb 225hp car would be a close match with a 3600lb 240hp car.

So, good run but if it had 2 nostrils he wasnt on it, or he didnt downshift.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Wow thats tough to believe. Those WS6s are mean, especially from a roll. I seen a bone stock LS1 run a 13.1 @ 109 MPH at the track this weekend. It takes a pretty heavily modifed WRX to trap that high.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Well since you say it looked like an older body TA, its probably a LT1. If this is true, then the story is believable and probably true as they are not nearly as fast as the LS1
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

OK gang, thanks for all the input. I became more curious as replies came. I did some surfing and it looks like the car is possibly a V-6 from what I have been finding on the net. I should add again that it did have the single nostril.

So the next time I run, I'll try the 1/4 mile track. I just have to grow some huevos for me to really go for it. I've never done the quarter mile thing only autocross since I've never been interested in straight line racing.
    Last edited by driverj; 06-07-2004 at 10:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast