S2K vs WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on S2K vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Stock S2K vs Stage 3 WRX... This is just about the only new "sports" car I haven't had a race ...

S2K vs WRX

Stock S2K vs Stage 3 WRX...

This is just about the only new "sports" car I haven't had a race with so I've been looking for one to run for MONTHS...

Anywho...I see a silver S2K following me in traffic and it looks like hes trying to follow me, cool because like I said I've ran 350Z's, Srt-4's, etc but this is the only car I can never get a run with...we line up at a light and he doesn't look like hes going to go...so I ride out first gear waiting to see if hes going to punch it, same with second and nothing is happening so I'm thinking what a waste, its like a curse I cant get any S2K's to go...sitting at the bottom of 3rd (around 50 mph) and I punch it a little to get the pop of the bypass valve to sound and he takes off! So he gets at least a car jump on me and as the needle on the tach starts to work its way up I'm pulling on him, top of 3rd I have a fender, shift to 4th and I put 3-4 cars on him and somewhere into that he gave up and flicked the high beams at me a few times and turned off.

Pretty cool run, finally got to test out one of Honda's flagship cars from basically a highway roll to see how our cars (better in the 0 - 60) stack up against cars that like the top end run.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

he knew he was dead at the stoplight. so he waited for the roll

all the s2000 ive seen around here race none of them can get a good launch. duno whats up with that

You shouldve come to the meet you couldve run into a s/c one.. ...but seriously the weather messed everything up.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

ive heard differnt s2k owners debate over this time after time. whats better for a s2k, sc or boost. i know n/a aint the way to go cuz it costs too much

Nice run. I would say turbo is the best application for a S2K, but I'm not an expert.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    You shouldve come to the meet you couldve run into a s/c one.. ...but seriously the weather messed everything up.
    Yeah I know, I kept waiting for it to clear here so I could do the oil change and make my car presentable...but it kept drizzling and raining in little spurts...figures.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

I actually did alot of research on this because I almost traded in my rex for one.

Turbo: This application will make the most power but depending on the tune you may not like it and it will break the most parts. Vtech doesnt kick in till late in the rpm range and even w/ a vtec controller which if not done right can blow your car up. The boost is the best for power though.

S/C: the most reliable but usuall no more then 350whp at the very best. Its usually around 270-300 depending on the car.

So I would opt for turbo but your bank account better be open for money...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.