C5 vs JDM STI
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on C5 vs JDM STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Raced another C5 tonight. Some guy in a black targa C5. He came up to us and checked it out, ...

C5 vs JDM STI

Raced another C5 tonight. Some guy in a black targa C5. He came up to us and checked it out, then darted off for me to follow. He was solo and I had a passenger.

I started in 3rd at around 65, and we both went WOT. For 3rd gear we were both dead even, I grab 4th and he starts to inch away from me. Im now at his rear 1/4 panel near the top of 4th. I grab 5th and he starts to inch some more, this time he has a 1/2 a car on me, at this point I let off.

We gave eachother the thumbs up (rare for a vette owner ) and went on our ways.

Now I need to get a UTEC and a downpipe and im set for a lil while before I go bigger. Soon........
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn...I wish you woulda pulled him...What do you estimate your whp to be ?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Damn...I wish you woulda pulled him...What do you estimate your whp to be ?
    Seeing as how the C5's dyno in the 300-310 whp range and weigh less then me(correct me if im wrong). My best guess would be that im in the 300+ range right now. I plan to dyno it this week, so I'll let you know the results.

Let me know what you dyno at...

THe c5 weights around 3300 lbs..a little more..the z06 weights a little less.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

IDK, I Dyned @ 280 a while back and would pull ON C5's from a roll, nothing crazy but would get a length or so. @ those mods I would get 12.8 @ 108. C5's trap anywhere between 105-108, guess I raced the one who trapped @ 105 .
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Originally posted by Evilevo8
    IDK, I Dyned @ 280 a while back and would pull ON C5's from a roll, nothing crazy but would get a length or so. @ those mods I would get 12.8 @ 108. C5's trap anywhere between 105-108, guess I raced the one who trapped @ 105 .
    Hmm, which dyno did you use, yours may have been low. Either that or the C5 you raced was a bad driver. Because if you were only making 280whp, by all means you should not be able to pull on a C5 which has more power and roughly the same weight not to mention better aero then you. You may have raced an auto which is slower then the manual, bad driver, or your dyno is giving low #'s.

C5's trap around 109-110 with a 6spd. They run anywhere from 12.9 to 13.2's. They are very fast and run neck and neck with an 03 Cobra (stock). The C5 shines at highway speeds.

And STi could put some distance from a stop. But a roll, you should get walked if stock.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

C5 is definitely a quick car if they are catching traction. Once they are modded, they become very dangerous cars.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

WOW A 110 Trap is HIGH for a C5. A guy who runs a WRX shop in tomes river got a New C5 Targa 6 speed, constant 13.0 tp 13.3 @ an ALWAYS 105.

You can mess up a 1/4 mile time but it is VERY hard to mess up a trap unless you hit the breaks instead of the gas. The C% I raced was from a roll, I pulled a solid length and off I was with a Intake/Exhaust/MBC and a SAFCII making 280WHP. No that same Dyno States 340 WHP with Cams and a flash.

Cobras do nto run neck and Neck with C5's, they are faster, they trap on average 110-112 here @ E-Town. If they have a pully, intake and catback, they get past 120MPH, its scary.

Z06-116-118 I have seen stock.

The new Viper I have seen Hit 13.0 @ 123MPH, so the traps tell the story, and A 108MPH trap is fast enought to pull a Vette, but not all of them.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

There are alot of factors that go into your trap speed as well as you ET. Say you granny shift a gear, dont shift at the right point, power shift, miss a gear, etc will all effect your trap speed. All of those can be factors on if your getting the full potential out of each run.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

WOW A 110 Trap is HIGH for a C5. A guy who runs a WRX shop in tomes river got a New C5 Targa 6 speed, constant 13.0 tp 13.3 @ an ALWAYS 105.

You can mess up a 1/4 mile time but it is VERY hard to mess up a trap unless you hit the breaks instead of the gas. The C% I raced was from a roll, I pulled a solid length and off I was with a Intake/Exhaust/MBC and a SAFCII making 280WHP. No that same Dyno States 340 WHP with Cams and a flash.

Cobras do nto run neck and Neck with C5's, they are faster, they trap on average 110-112 here @ E-Town. If they have a pully, intake and catback, they get past 120MPH, its scary.

Z06-116-118 I have seen stock.

The new Viper I have seen Hit 13.0 @ 123MPH, so the traps tell the story, and A 108MPH trap is fast enought to pull a Vette, but not all of them.
    Ehhhh your traps for the C5 are way off. The guy you know must have messed up something. One of my good friends ran a low 13 @112 so 105 is not right. Think of it logistically, there is no way you can pull on a C5 considering the fact that they are lighter and more powerful then you and with better aero, sorry but you raced a crappy driver. And no, a 108 it is not fast enough to pull a vette, he will pull you.

Originally posted by DEADPOOL
    Ehhhh your traps for the C5 are way off. The guy you know must have messed up something. One of my good friends ran a low 13 @112 so 105 is not right. Think of it logistically, there is no way you can pull on a C5 considering the fact that they are lighter and more powerful then you and with better aero, sorry but you raced a crappy driver. And no, a 108 it is not fast enough to pull a vette, he will pull you.
    yeah, pulling on a c5 from a roll is damn impressive, they may not rip u out of the hole, but god damn they are fast from a role, i was with my dad one day and we where cruising and he punched it at about 30, it got to eighty pretty damn fast... i know this is not really a way to gauge, but it was pretty damn strong...
    Parts left off of a car cost nothing weigh nothing and do not cause service issues.

Originally posted by DEADPOOL
    Seeing as how the C5's dyno in the 300-310 whp range and weigh less then me(correct me if im wrong).
    that seems a little high, but then again I may be wrong!
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Originally posted by Snowvert
    that seems a little high, but then again I may be wrong!
    Ahhhh, my mistake. Thats what my friend should dyno with his, he has an intake which is supposed to net him a decent amount of power. But stock they are around 290whp. But ya, from a roll, they weigh less and have more power, which is why there is no way you can pull on one from a roll with only 280whp, there trap speeds are also higher. It had to have been a bad driver.

like I said though, I may be wrong on the whp figures. I do know I made 300whp on a dynapack 5000, and I do pull on c5's from a roll. shrug!
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast