Ran a Chevy w/ new Vortec I-5

This is a discussion on Ran a Chevy w/ new Vortec I-5 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; He came up next to me and threw a couple of revs. It was a nice looking truck with a ...

Ran the new Colorado Sport (Vortec 3500 I-5)

He came up next to me and threw a couple of revs. It was a nice looking truck with a chevy badge. Looked like an S-10 but from the looks of the headlights I knew it wasn't.

Told them to go and I let them get a 1 car length jump on me going around 50. I quickly reeled them in and got them by 3 car lengths when I slowed down at 90.

Gave them a thumbs up and made my right at the stoplight. They proceed to follow me so I figured they wanted to talk to me.

Rolled to a stoplight and we exchange a friendly conversation. I asked him what he had under the hood and all I heard was inline 5. I was like WTF? I asked him AGAIN just to make sure. Then I thought to myself that it had to be a swap.

They wanted to go 1 more time and I agreed. I counted to 3 this time and I was not about to give them a jump. From a 20 roll I destroyed them.

Not sure what I just race so I figured I'd post it on this board to get more info. I'm not here bragging cuz that race was pretty sad

EDIT: Found out it was Colorado Sport after some searching...
    Last edited by AsianWRX; 06-06-2004 at 12:26 AM.
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hmm,I wonder why he wanted to race you.But I bet he won't do it again
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Here's the numbers for the I5 engine:

220hp @ 5600 RPM
    225 lb-ft torque @ 2800 RPM

Maybe he thought you were stock?

My car still has the stock muffler on it for the sleeper look. The only thing that might've gave it away this the hissing sound from my turbo, which is a notable difference compared with the stock's.

Those trucks look good. Never ran a S-10 before so I'm not sure if they've gotten better or worst. Either way it didn't stand a chance against our car even if the wrx is stock.

I sort of wish i had the stock exhaust look. No one ever wants to play with me except cars that will totally destroy me.......z06's and 03 cobras.

Although i guess i raced a 1G Eclipse the other night. I was going down the freeway in the left lane doing 65 in a 60 and passed him then he gained speed to pull next to me. I floored and put about 2 cars on him by 90 while talking on the cell phone Love my auto!

Not bragging or anything cause i know what the results of 1g eclipses/talons and 2 grand in your pocket can be.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned