vortech supercharged s2000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on vortech supercharged s2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know I have posted a few kills lately but the races keep coming. Im coming home late tonight from ...

vortech supercharged s2000

I know I have posted a few kills lately but the races keep coming. Im coming home late tonight from where our meet was supposed to be and the highway was clear. Up from behind an s2000 pulls up to me. It looks bone stock but Im up for a quick kill. So he pulls up to me at about 70 mph. I drop it in 3rd and we look and go. By 140mph...I know way too fast but the highway was bare, he was a car back. Im like holy sh%$ why didnt I just kill him. So we go again and this time from 40mph and he jumps the honk and I play catch up to 120mph eventually pulling even. I'm like what is going on. So we do one last 3 honk run from 40mph and I pull my best run and place 1 1/2 cars on him which isnt much but I ask him to pull over. I suddenly hear a whistle...Well low and behold he opened her up and had the vortech s/c. Nice looking unit all chromed out. He says hes running 7 or 8 lbs and is putting down around 300-310 whp. I told him my stats and we chatted. Very cool guy. His car was a major sleeper though. Stock looking exhausts and all. Great runs on the highway and a great overall car. I think it really depended on who got the jump and what gear we were in for the race. I was on 21 psi.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Holy Crap batman!

I didn't expect a sc S2000 to be that hard to kill with a WRX like yours..... I didn't know that those sc and get them a 100+ hp gain. YIKES!

Good kill none the less. Take him from the dig if you wanna feel better

Re: vortech supercharged s2000

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    I know I have posted a few kills lately but the races keep coming. Im coming home late tonight from where our meet was supposed to be and the highway was clear. Up from behind an s2000 pulls up to me. It looks bone stock but Im up for a quick kill. So he pulls up to me at about 70 mph. I drop it in 3rd and we look and go. By 140mph...I know way too fast but the highway was bare, he was a car back. Im like holy sh%$ why didnt I just kill him. So we go again and this time from 40mph and he jumps the honk and I play catch up to 120mph eventually pulling even. I'm like what is going on. So we do one last 3 honk run from 40mph and I pull my best run and place 1 1/2 cars on him which isnt much but I ask him to pull over. I suddenly hear a whistle...Well low and behold he opened her up and had the vortech s/c. Nice looking unit all chromed out. He says hes running 7 or 8 lbs and is putting down around 300-310 whp. I told him my stats and we chatted. Very cool guy. His car was a major sleeper though. Stock looking exhausts and all. Great runs on the highway and a great overall car. I think it really depended on who got the jump and what gear we were in for the race. I was on 21 psi.
    nice runs man....very rare to run into a Vortech'ed S2K on the street.

When a stock looking car that you should normally kill keeps up...you start to wonder if something is wrong with your car. At least you got to talk to him and found out it was S/Ced.
    03 350Z - intake, test pipes
    Best STOCK E.T. 13.68@102.77mph 2.09 60'
    Best mods E.T. 13.38@103.60mph 1.90 60'

the other side of the story...lol :)

5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Re: vortech supercharged s2000

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    according to the link on s2ki, he reckons he reeled you in through each gear
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Oh my god...Me and my girl who was my passenger so I had an extra body are laughing right now at this. We ran 3x and the only time he had me was when he went first. the middle race. The first time he couldnt pull me and the last time I took him by a car or car and a half. I have a witness, albeit partial but still a witness...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

I reposted...on his site.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

::chants:: Camera, camera, camera!
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

you pulled on an SC s2k up top-end? your 18g is helping you out a lot huh? in about 4 months, the 18g will be under my hood.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

I pulled on him more before a 100 mph but over 100 he didnt pull me he just held ground.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I love reading your kill stories. Too bad this guy wasn't honest about the race on his own forum.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Yeah till he got called out, oohhh pwned! Good kill bro, S2K around where I live that is cocky as hell...for some reason most i've met carry that attitude.
    Jesus exists...he plays for the Red Sox's

Great story with such drama! Hahaha... You guys MUST race again with a camera.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

glad you took care of that one 13secrex, like a piimp! Hehe . In this case the second side of the story was wrong.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast