WRX Mods
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX Mods within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all I am getting my first car soon and I anna drag race it . I have a decent ...

WRX Mods

Hi all I am getting my first car soon and I anna drag race it . I have a decent amount of $$. I wanna make it run about 12 flat in the 1/4. I was wondering how much $$ in mods would i need to accomplish this goal. I will use any mod BUT NOS. thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What kind of car? WRX? Yugo? Corvair?

For a WRX, you're going to need probably $8000+ in mods if you don't want to destroy your car.

Plus, you will be the first US person to run at 12 seconds flat that isn't using nitrous.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

Re: WRX Mods

Originally posted by MattAWD007
    Hi all I am getting my first car soon and I anna drag race it . I have a decent amount of $$. I wanna make it run about 12 flat in the 1/4. I was wondering how much $$ in mods would i need to accomplish this goal. I will use any mod BUT NOS. thx
    If you don't want to use Nitrous, then you're looking at $5k+ to run 12s safely. IMO.

It can be done a little cheaper if you don't care about your engine safety.

-Pace

Re: Re: WRX Mods

Originally posted by pace

If you don't want to use Nitrous, then you're looking at $5k+ to run 12s safely. IMO.

It can be done a little cheaper if you don't care about your engine safety.

-Pace
    I agree... I think with larger turbo, FMIC, upgraded tires (obviously stickier) maybe with lighter wheels, pulleys, lightened flywheel, anti-lift kit (for the take off) EBC, Unichip (or similar ECU mod), maybe those nice equal length headers. OK, maybe around $6 - $7K. If you included the wheels, then closer to $7. I'm guessing that Dan (Godspeed) is probably running right at 12. What do y'all think?
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

I would have to agree, with the mods God has its probably right about 12, maybe better after the header upgrade.

My Mods

"The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel" - Koyokid RIP

That is a good estimate... 8 grand... now what about labor?!

I don't have the tools for doing it myself so I always go broke on the labor...

What is the cost WITH labor? Any estimates?
    2004 Java Black WRX - so close to stage two, I can taste it.

TurboXS stage 4 kit

yeah, TSX stage 4 and add there TMIC or FMIC i already had a discusion over top vs. front and front won, you'll your 12 and if u wanna go deeper add n20 wich i really dont recamend..50 shot if anything. be careful
    ---------------nighthawk black RSX---------------
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)
    alpine CD player (COM 7874)
    ------------------------------------------
    are there any Stage kits for the RSX?? PM me if u know of any..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    VEHICAL OF CHOICE--->SUBARU!(WRX)

2 words for you: hardware store.

$5 MBC and you are deep in the 12s. Why do you think this car ROCKS SO FRIGGIN' MUCH!!!???

Oh, and congrats on getting your first car! The WRX is awesome as a first car because AWD means that it accelerates better, brakes better, and corners better. It is impossible to lose control in an AWD car. I think you'll be really happy with it.
    2002 RSX Type S
    Anyone want to buy my car?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.