sti vs evo fun in nova (then turbo civic)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on sti vs evo fun in nova (then turbo civic) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Try to make this short but I FINALLY got to have some fun with an evo. I am moving back ...

sti vs evo fun in nova (then turbo civic)

Try to make this short but I FINALLY got to have some fun with an evo. I am moving back from CT to nova and my buddy (aka 03cobra) and I were out Wed night and I had to go pick up a package. For those from nova we are cruising on Rt 7W and getting ready to get on Rt28S when I notice this blue evo coming up on my rear. I NEVER see Evo's in CT so I was excited to finally have one near me. There are two guys and they are smiling and laughing and speeding up to my tail then easing off....they were letting me know that they were game for a nice run :-).......there is a car in front of us as we go around the entrance ramp but I know that once we get on there is a 3 lane straightway........I tell Mike that "these guys want to run"....as we approach the straightway the car in front moves to the right giving us a free lane ahead....I go from 5th to 3th and stomp it around 50-55 and immediately start pulling on him.....redline and slam it into 4th now about 2.5-3 cars ahead (Mike can read this and chime in if I am wrong with the lengths but he was a good distance back), go to fifth and he is holding his ground back there....its hard to tell how far back but I don't see him gaining or me losing.......finally slow down well over 120-130 with 5th pretty much tapped out........adrenaline was pumping.........we come to the light and start chatting with them he had full exhaust and bov (my car is stock)...my buddy Mike went nuts because as they were talking to me the light turned and the guy took off while I was sitting there not even trying to run.........its ok, I'll get em next time...I was trying to talk and they just took off while I was sitting there not expecting it.
    A few minutes later I let Mike drive and we are heading back from the fedex and these guys in some turbo'ed civic let us hear their bov. We merge onto Cascades parkway the whole while Mike is saying that they make take us with their sleeper....I'm like "who cares, let them take us lets see what they can do"....Mike comes up beside them in I believe 3rd and you immediately hear them downshift to HIGH rpms (thought he was gonna blow that engine, he actually barks the tires with the downshift so they definitely had some power), Mike just punches it and for about .1 of a second they put up a fight but his gear was maxed out and as he shifted we blew by him like he was sitting still with plenty of gear left in 3rd......race was over......of course they turned off instead of pulling up to the approaching light at Palisades Pkwy to run us fully.
    All in all alot of fun. I hope to meet up with those Evo guys again just to do some runs in a more controlled setting. BTW, I don't condone running my car on the street at 120+, its not smart but there were no other cars in the area and it was a nice 3 lane straightway. Not something I do normally but again, it was my first time running an evo and my right foot was ahead of my common sense.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    good kills!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

I got a EVO and i have never lost to a STi. You of course have higher end torque but off the line a EVO will have you for breakfast. Next time line it up and run the EVO.

Oh yay another troll.

Good runs Silver.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Originally posted by ZeroFrost
    I got a EVO and i have never lost to a STi. You of course have higher end torque but off the line a EVO will have you for breakfast. Next time line it up and run the EVO.
    What makes yous say that?

Don't feed the trolls....

Run me and you will.
    2004 STi, Java Black Pearl
    www.cardomain.com/id/2004wrxsti

Best ET 4/24/04
    12.38@109

Correct me if i'm wrong... but the awd with more torque will fair better off the line won't it? Not like traction is an issue or anything
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Yea I'm still steaming about that race.... I have many runs at the track and can probably drive the STi a little better in a race. But we could not shake the guy...

I seriously think I could take that Evo if I were driving the STi, but you never know.

I knew the guy was going to race off the line. Silver04STi was sleeping... I almost smacked him....

Fun race... I would NOT qualify it as a kill...

The Civic was a kill, sort of... They never stayed in it long enough, but it seemed quite apparent to me that they did not have much of a chance. All bark no bite.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

You've GOT to be joking. Stock for stock EVERYONE knows the STi will easily out muscle the Evo.

The Car and Driver episode with the STi against the EVo... Did you see that one? They chose the Evo for ease of handling and driving. But they consistantly said the STi out muscled the Evo BY FAR! The track speed on the straights was about 15 MPH higher for the STi. It was quite clear to all drivers, including a professional race driver, that the STi could kill the Evo in a all out race beacuse it could go so much faster, BUT the Evo could make a TINY bit of time in the corners. TINY!

03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

EVO's are murder of the line. See the link below. Sorry guys could not find a video of an EVO racing a STI, so I give you a video of a high 12 sec EVO racing a 03 Cobra. Look at the video for the amazing murderess EVO of the line.

http://www.03cobra.net/gatesevo.wmv
    Last edited by Drod; 06-10-2004 at 10:14 AM.

Originally posted by Drod
    EVO's are murder of the line. See the link below. Sorry guys could not find a video of an EVO racing a STI, so I give you a video of a high 12 sec EVO racing a 03 Cobra. Look at the video for the amazing murderess EVO of the line.

http://www.03cobra.net/gatesevo.wmv
    Sarcastism?
    That EVO didn't pull on the Cobra at all. Its pathetic assuming the Cobra didn't even have stickies on....

With my EVO being stock i ran a 12.994 at Englishtown Raceway Park. I wanna see a stock STi do that. Not saying they cant, but i want to see it. STi's are fast, but the damn EVO is no joke. I ran STi's and found them to be crappy off the line, where it matters the most. Also, give the EVO a 2.5 Liter instead of a 2.0 then talk about how the STi kills a EVO. You guys are listed at 300lbs Torque 300HP. Now if the STi is doing that much better than the EVO in statistics then you must realize that with that much more horsepower and torque, the STi is not a good comparison next to the EVO which is a smaller displacement and less torque and HP. The STi wins cause of a better driver and vice versa. But with more power like that and only coming down to the drives in every aspect, i think the EVO shows its power over the STi. My 2 cents. Im not talking trash on the STi, hell i was going to buy 1 before the salesman was being a jerk about letting me test drive the car.

here you go, check out this EVO. Right Click>save target as.

http://justchil.net/dl/TurboTrixEvo10.50@135mph.avi

With my EVO being stock i ran a 12.994 at Englishtown Raceway Park. I wanna see a stock STi do that. Not saying they cant, but i want to see it. STi's are fast, but the damn EVO is no joke. I ran STi's and found them to be crappy off the line, where it matters the most. Also, give the EVO a 2.5 Liter instead of a 2.0 then talk about how the STi kills a EVO. You guys are listed at 300lbs Torque 300HP. Now if the STi is doing that much better than the EVO in statistics then you must realize that with that much more horsepower and torque, the STi is not a good comparison next to the EVO which is a smaller displacement and less torque and HP. The STi wins cause of a better driver and vice versa. But with more power like that and only coming down to the drives in every aspect, i think the EVO shows its power over the STi. My 2 cents. Im not talking trash on the STi, hell i was going to buy 1 before the salesman was being a jerk about letting me test drive the car.
    Oh great! Another one of those "Mommy, his got a . 5 liter on me!" You won't find us here crying like that to a Cobra owner.

BTW, who made YOU god to decide for all human beings that off the line is where it counts the most? I think thats very narrow minded just cuz you own a awd that can take advantage of it.

I'm not trying to bash any1 here but it really ticks me off when someone spins this much just to make a point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.