sti vs evo fun in nova (then turbo civic) - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on sti vs evo fun in nova (then turbo civic) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if i had a scanner i would gladly post my slips, but i dont. Hey if you want to race ...

if i had a scanner i would gladly post my slips, but i dont. Hey if you want to race me come to Front St, or 61st + passyunk, ill dog your car in front of a 100 people. Im not talking **** to anyone, like i said i like the STi, but the EVO is faster from what i have done with it stock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by ZeroFrost
    if i had a scanner i would gladly post my slips, but i dont.
    How convenient. Anyhow, talk all the crap you want. I think most people here know you're full of it.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Originally posted by silverscooby
    How convenient. Anyhow, talk all the crap you want. I think most people here know you're full of it.
    He's legit from what I can tell...I'll take his side on this one.

I won't go street, too many risks. Call me whatever you want, I can live without impound and tickets and whatnot. I'm at Atco Thursdays if you're ever interested.
    Chris
    1999 Impreza RS - 12.096 @ 114.63
    2002 WRX - 12.602 @ 111.08
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 11 second scrap pile - SOLD

well i dont spend all of my time on the PC to sit here and prove that i can run 12's in my STOCK EVO. Im not hating on the STI, but you hate on the EVO.

I'm in DE and I'll gladly drive up for this. Bring the camera do the compression and hell might even host it. Give me the date and you got a chase car

I wanna see this..............
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

Zerofrost, I can see you hitting 12's because that's an awesome 60'(1.6). Most EVO's at sea level hitting 1.7 60' are 13flat and 1.8's are between 13.2-13.4 in the 1/4.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

Hello I am new here but I had to say something. I will give zero the benefit of the doubt that he does sneak into the 12's with his evo givin that an evo's psi for the turbos stock run at 19psi I believe so he can have a little more redline pull maybe. From the line no the evo wont take the sti and to top it off if any of you have kazza there is this guy that must weigh like 300lbs and he took his sti to a drag strip bone stock went up against a 99 mustang cobra and the sti beat the cobra doing something like 12.84 in the 1/4 and he did it twice.

Silver04Sti,

First, welcome to N.VA, I'm certain you will find that traffic has gotten worse since you left.
    PM your #'s to me. Just an fyi. a group of my friends go out on some weekend evenings to do some runs.

In the pack of cars we have:
    couple WRX's, all various stages of mods
    Mopar 1.5 SRT4
    CTS-V
    Evo w/ turbo back (he can make it out if we give him enough notice).

Let me know, think we would all love to see what the sti can do.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

Originally posted by All8up
    Silver04Sti,

First, welcome to N.VA, I'm certain you will find that traffic has gotten worse since you left.
    PM your #'s to me. Just an fyi. a group of my friends go out on some weekend evenings to do some runs.

Mopar 1.5 SRT4
    CTS-V

Silver04Sti is my best friend... All8Up - hey... All8Up is the guy that used to live around the corner from me.... Never could get All8Up to race my Cobra with his Stage4 WRX... hehehehe...

All8Up: Dont know if you have been in an STi but I am VERY impressed with it... AS quick as my Cobra (stock for stock).
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

You guys should meet halfway. Cicil county raceway its just 1 1/2 hours away from us in NOVA and 1 hour away from philly. Lets get this done guys. Lets have some nice clean fun. I beat that the guy in the EVO is a cool dued. We can get some of the mid atlantic people on this board to go.

Originally posted by All8up
    Silver04Sti,

Mopar 1.5 SRT4
    CTS-V

thanks for the welcome back, so you moved to Ashburn huh, I was just there last night at the Ashburn pub and kirpatrick's, i am living in cascades so i'm 6 min from there.....we will definitely have to get some guys together. I tried to go to many of the meets in the CT area, are the guys here pretty active?
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Originally posted by Drod
    You guys should meet halfway. Cicil county raceway its just 1 1/2 hours away from us in NOVA and 1 hour away from philly. Lets get this done guys. Lets have some nice clean fun. I beat that the guy in the EVO is a cool dued. We can get some of the mid atlantic people on this board to go.
    Yea i am a cool dude, i was just making an opinion of mine, i didnt mean to stir up a street race war. Ill be in vegas this following week, i can do the runs anytime after the 18th.

I love Vegas.

I usually do not go to car meets around the area, but I know they meet up @ BJ's in Fair Lakes 1x a month and @ the Hoffman Theater in Alex (Bi-weekly).

A friend had an sti, I loved the car but he sold it b4 we had a chance to ever run it.

We know a guy w/ an Evo, so there is little reason to trouble Zero Frost to come all the way to N.Va just for a run.

03 Cobra,
    For some reason you give the Evo very little credit, in hopes of bringing you to a better level of awarness, the Evo has an advantage in handling, braking and mod potential. Not to say there is anything wrong w/ the STI, it is just a simple fact that the Evo is the more "race ready" platform. Stock turbo'd Evos (w/ the appropriate mods) are clipping 12s and this is common-place.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.