TWIN Turbo WRX vs V6 Accord then Dodge Pickup - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on TWIN Turbo WRX vs V6 Accord then Dodge Pickup within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by skyjock41 This was it. Got to give it some props whatever he's done to it. I was ...

Originally posted by skyjock41
    This was it. Got to give it some props whatever he's done to it. I was only able to gain a door length from 60-100. After that im sure he'd start pulling away.
    Not sure he would pull away after 100, aerodynamics come into play and he is a very large brick.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by VetteVert
    Possibly a standard cab 2wd Hemi. I saw a full size 4 door (they have 4 full doors) Hemi turn a 14.8 stock (exhaust and all), and a 13.75 on nitrous (saw him purge) last week at the track. A standard cab 2wd would have considerably less weight....

VV
    no way that hemi was stock... they are pigs, and that would be an extremely good regular cab time...
    Just my.02 $
    Parts left off of a car cost nothing weigh nothing and do not cause service issues.

Re: Re: Re: TWIN Turbo WRX vs V6 Accord then Dodge Pickup

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    What's the deal with the Dodge commercials for the new pickup? They claim it's the "faster pickup on the road today" or "fastest production pickup ever". Wouldn't a stock Syclone chew it up and spit it out? Someone needs to call Dodge on this claim.
    yeah, i don't know about that one... That is highest top speed... The Syclone may have never been tested for top speed.
    but ya god dang better believe the cyclone would tear anything to pieces...
    Parts left off of a car cost nothing weigh nothing and do not cause service issues.

It appeared stock. *shrug* I've seen SS's go against hemi's that...ahem...didn't seem like dogs Here is the truck, FWIW.

VV

Originally posted by Vette Dude
    no way that hemi was stock... they are pigs, and that would be an extremely good regular cab time...
    Just my.02 $

Re: Re: Re: TWIN Turbo WRX vs V6 Accord then Dodge Pickup

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    What's the deal with the Dodge commercials for the new pickup? They claim it's the "faster pickup on the road today" or "fastest production pickup ever". Wouldn't a stock Syclone chew it up and spit it out? Someone needs to call Dodge on this claim.
    The SRT-10 currently holds the world record for fastest production pickup, 154.587mph (previous Lightning record was 147.54mph). The Sy/Ty's were quicker 0-60, mid 4sec, thanks to AWD, but a well driven SRT-10 should win in the 1/4 (they've already had a completely bone stock SRT-10 run 12.9). Sy/Ty's are badass tho, there's no doubting that, and as always anything can happen in a race

Oh, for the original poster, there are some pretty fast R/T's running around your neck of the woods, few 11 sec trucks, bunch of 13 sec n/a trucks, never know what you might run into
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

I know this couldnt have been mistaken without hearing it
    but has anyone thought maybe the truck was a diesel with 6 speed?
    1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.