USDM STI vs JDM STI

This is a discussion on USDM STI vs JDM STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got to race a USDM STI for the first time tonight, although im still waiting to find a stock one. ...

USDM STI vs JDM STI

Got to race a USDM STI for the first time tonight, although im still waiting to find a stock one. It was a black STI in Boca Raton on Palmetto.

Anyhoo, here are the mods for each car (from what he told me).

USDM STI:
    Headers
    Exhaust
    BOV

JDM STI (me)
    Cat back exhaust(temporary)
    MRT TMIC
    Blitz SUS
    BOV

A friend of mine spotted him, so we took chase. We catch up after a few lights and I give him a thumbs up, it sounded quite nice.

So we get an opening of straight road etc, and we give it a go. He was about half a car back when he went for it, and when I heard him go I dropped to 3rd( I was doing around 60ish). I didn't get on it till I was at his rear bumper, so he had some slight momentum on me to start. He got half a car between us, and then when I grabbed fourth we stayed equal and then called it quits.

I pull along side him and his facial expression can best be described as . "what do you have done" etc. So we gave eachother a thumbs up and were on our ways.

I really wish I had asked him to do another roll on, I think we would have been dead even with me pulling a bit in 5th(shorter ratios). If he hadn't of had the momentum we would have been side by side , but good run either way.

How much power would you guess he was making from the TBE and the headers? I know my mods are not doing much because I still have the downpipe hmmm. Nice guy though.

-John
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Forgot to mention. I had a passenger and he was solo, so I had an extra 160lbs in the car.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)