03 Cobra...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 03 Cobra... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well this is a kinda wierd story. 1st. I dont know if it was completly stock or not. 2nd. we ...

03 Cobra...

Well this is a kinda wierd story.

1st. I dont know if it was completly stock or not.
    2nd. we raced 2x from a 40 mph roll.
    3rd. I had a passenger and he did not.

1st run: We go on 3 honks and I pull him immediately and by 110 mph hes at my back bumper. Every time he shifted he pulled ahead and then when I would shift I would go ahead again.

2nd run: Same deal from a 2nd gear roll but this time I wait for the 3rd honk and he immediately pulls and by 120 mph he had my and I was 1 car off his back bumper.

Im not sure what the diff. in the two races was. We both knew we were going to go because we set it up. I wonder if my car was diff. from race to race due to the fact that we raced back to back ? I was only using my 21 psi map though. I have a rematch next week w/my 25 psi map. Maybe things will be different. I really really really want to win against this car. Win some , lose some...eh
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Tru... you definitely win some and lose some as well... Perhaps he thought he would roll you over during the first race, and did not give it all he had until he found you weren't gojng down so easily? So the next race, he was ready to give all it had from the get go... Just a theory.....

Nice runs by the way
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

You need all these sweet kills on tape dammit, kind of off topic but how come our kill/video forum are so lacking of WRX kills? Like go on svtperformance and theres all my cobra vs. We need to start taping peoples
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Re: 03 Cobra...

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Well this is a kinda wierd story.

1st. I dont know if it was completly stock or not.
    2nd. we raced 2x from a 40 mph roll.
    3rd. I had a passenger and he did not.

1st run: We go on 3 honks and I pull him immediately and by 110 mph hes at my back bumper. Every time he shifted he pulled ahead and then when I would shift I would go ahead again.

2nd run: Same deal from a 2nd gear roll but this time I wait for the 3rd honk and he immediately pulls and by 120 mph he had my and I was 1 car off his back bumper.

Im not sure what the diff. in the two races was. We both knew we were going to go because we set it up. I wonder if my car was diff. from race to race due to the fact that we raced back to back ? I was only using my 21 psi map though. I have a rematch next week w/my 25 psi map. Maybe things will be different. I really really really want to win against this car. Win some , lose some...eh

Based on the outcome and your posted HP, I would venture to say absolutely he was stock. Even if you could not drive, it does not take much experience to mash the throttle.

You will know when you encounter a lightly modded 03/04 Cobra. He will leave you like you are standing still.

Nice run!

Ran with an EVO in my friends STi the other day. From a 50 MPH roll. We could NOT shake the Evo. 2 passengers in each car. He pulls up and I ask if he's stock. He said BOV, exhaust, and maybe something else.... EVO = fast car.... Oh, and the STi is stock...
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

I dont know..maybe he went to 3rd instead of 2nd the first time...Is there anything he could have done inside the car ??...Hes a real cool guy and he said that he was getting a reflash and some sort of x pipe but Im not sure if he had them yet....I really hope it wasnt stock though..From a dig I could get him I think. I also think a 1st gear roll would benefit me too..Maybe I could benefit form his 1-2 loss of traction shift..
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    I dont know..maybe he went to 3rd instead of 2nd the first time...Is there anything he could have done inside the car ??...Hes a real cool guy and he said that he was getting a reflash and some sort of x pipe but Im not sure if he had them yet....I really hope it wasnt stock though..From a dig I could get him I think. I also think a 1st gear roll would benefit me too..Maybe I could benefit form his 1-2 loss of traction shift..
    He was stock or a REAL bad driver!
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Do the HP to weight ratio.

311 whp WRX

9.9 LBS per 1 HP

370 whp Cobra

9.4 LBS per 1 HP

Looks like a close race to me. I think you got hussled. He ran you the first time to get your I/C and engine hot and then like a snake he went for the kill. Soory, but I do it all the time. If I see a guy running a big turbo I will run him hard enough to cause heat soak and then I lay the hammer down.
    Last edited by Drod; 06-07-2004 at 07:33 AM.

Originally posted by Drod
    Looks like a close race to me. I think you got hussled. He ran you the first time to get your I/C and engine hot and then like a snake he went for the kill. Soory, but I do it all the time. If I see a guy running a big turbo I will run him hard enough to cause heat soak and then I lay the hammer down.
    I don't think that plan works too well racing from a roll with a FMIC though.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

I don't think that plan works too well racing from a roll with a FMIC though.
    It does work. You still need to cool the IC off, even if it's a front mounted IC. You may not get it as hot as a top mounted, but you still need to let it cool off. That's why you have IC sprayers or some choose to use nos.
    Last edited by Drod; 06-07-2004 at 08:07 AM.

sounds like a good kill/loss.

I think in stock form they put down 380/405 or somewhere around there. not sure why you won one, then lost one though
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

i have yet to race a modded anything... i swear there is no competition where i live. closest thing is the z06 and then no one wants to run with that whistle coming from under my hood.
    2001 Mustang Cobra
    Vortech @9psi
    13* Timing and 11.5AFR
    Tuned by ME

Originally posted by Drod
    Do the HP to weight ratio.

311 whp WRX

9.9 LBS per 1 HP

370 whp Cobra

9.4 LBS per 1 HP

God damnit that is sneaky! Clever as hell though, I'll remember that against some of my N/A buddies

That is a good theory but I think he put in 3rd the first race and then I think he placed it in 2nd the second time..

what rpm is the cobra it in second at 40mh ?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Him not down shifting to the gear he needs to be in could very well be the kicker in this race. I can see a stock 03-04 Cobra pulling you every day of the week from 40 roll.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.