Sti vs Srt 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sti vs Srt 4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well anyone who knows me will say I drive like Miss Daisy, so I am helping my girl out running ...

Sti vs Srt 4

Well anyone who knows me will say I drive like Miss Daisy, so I am helping my girl out running a few errands for her dad's company. As usual I am always checking mirrors for the boys in blue.......when what do I see but a blue blur about a 1/8th mile back on the Southern State. I tell my girl "Hun we got a Bogey coming up fast right lane!" Within a few ticks on the clock he's at my left rear bumper and moving up to me. I gasp.....dammm a srt 4! Heard they are damm quick from a roll ( we are doing 50 mph @ the moment!). He's next to me with a passenger also, me (240 lbs + my girl 120lbs)....I yell "are you stock "
    He replys yes and I nod also.....at the moment I was in 6th gear, when BAM! I hear a honk...then another ..."OH SHI@!!" I slam in 4 th gear when I hear his engine rip...3rd honk! I think"Damm".....we are off and my girl is like "Holy Sha zam!" I look over and I am pulling away quickly, put about 5 car lengths all the while I hear his freeking BOV slamming my ear drums...hit 7 grand and then throw 5th and continue pulling! I look in the rear view he's about 10 lengths back give or take and I just cut it down! Look at the speedo after a few seconds and it just started coming down from 110 mph. I let him catch up and he screams "NO MONICA" well not really but yells "my fu#$ing car is slow!" I laugh and say good run and head for our exit. I was really surprised since 3rd gear should have been my choice at that speed, but made sure to ask him what he took off in (3rd). Another win for the Sti....and I still got some heavy mods planned!
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Sti vs Srt 4

Originally posted by V8killer2pt5
    .....we are off and my girl is like "Holy Sha zam!"

Good kill

good kill

I Support ClubWRX
    Good kill. Bad SRT4 driver, or messed up management. Still...a kill is a kill...and your adjectives certainly help with the telling...
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Who says bogey and Shazam?

jk.. good kill

I'm diggin' your story telling more than the kill!
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

I thought all these srt guys claim they can pull an sti from a roll, appears not in at least this case....10 cars though sounds kinda excessive (not doubting you in any way but he really got spanked). I have yet to run one so I'm interested in how yours did
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Some Detail

Once I pulled the intial 5 or so car lengths and went to 5th gear I just kept pulling abd cut it down when I saw he was losing ground...but it was anywhere between 8-10 lengths. A lil background, my car dynoed at 245 hp and 258 lbs of torque at the wheels for what it' worth? This would have been worse for him if I had went to 3rd instead of 4th.

No offense but if your stock and he's stock and you both had passengers then I call B.S... An srt 4 is lighter then the sti and they are very similar in there dyno numbers. A typical sti dynos at 235 whp and you dynod a little bit higher but an 03 srt is around 220 and an 04 is a little higher. You couldnt have placed any more hten 1 car if that if he was really racing...sorry man, I just gotta throw my .02 in....
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

lol

Hey did you read he honked 3 times and I could hear when he downshifted....lol...B.S....hmm well I am 31 and have no need to reinforce my ego, with that said it went down just like that. But hell if I had some time to waste I might go looking to see if he posted on a srt forum. LOL if I had time to waste.....

Good kill, come out to Deer Park Ave and chill sometime
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Thanks

Thanks trailboss drop me a pm with your info so I just might, oh I relayed my lil run in with the guys from our car club which I will not name since they frown on this behavior. But I got a good laugh seems everyone has the same take on the Neon's ummm I mean srt 4............slow, unless modded then possibly a lil faster than slow!

Im not flaming Im just speaking from my own experience. Thats all. Good kill.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Re: Sti vs Srt 4

Originally posted by V8killer2pt5
    Well anyone who knows me will say I drive like Miss Daisy, so I am helping my girl out running a few errands for her dad's company. As usual I am always checking mirrors for the boys in blue.......when what do I see but a blue blur about a 1/8th mile back on the Southern State. I tell my girl "Hun we got a Bogey coming up fast right lane!" Within a few ticks on the clock he's at my left rear bumper and moving up to me. I gasp.....dammm a srt 4! Heard they are damm quick from a roll ( we are doing 50 mph @ the moment!). He's next to me with a passenger also, me (240 lbs + my girl 120lbs)....I yell "are you stock "
    He replys yes and I nod also.....at the moment I was in 6th gear, when BAM! I hear a honk...then another ..."OH SHI@!!" I slam in 4 th gear when I hear his engine rip...3rd honk! I think"Damm".....we are off and my girl is like "Holy Sha zam!" I look over and I am pulling away quickly, put about 5 car lengths all the while I hear his freeking BOV slamming my ear drums...hit 7 grand and then throw 5th and continue pulling! I look in the rear view he's about 10 lengths back give or take and I just cut it down! Look at the speedo after a few seconds and it just started coming down from 110 mph. I let him catch up and he screams "NO MONICA" well not really but yells "my fu#$ing car is slow!" I laugh and say good run and head for our exit. I was really surprised since 3rd gear should have been my choice at that speed, but made sure to ask him what he took off in (3rd). Another win for the Sti....and I still got some heavy mods planned!
    What you said might have gone down, but maybe this guy did not know how to race, gave up real early or wasn't racing. To bad you live in NY, cuz I would have put up some real cash with vid if you think you can do that again on any of my buddys stock SRT's. Stock STI vs. Stock SRT from a roll is a Drivers race and from a stop well we all know that one

I also speak from experience like 13SecWRX, We have 4 STI's in our Car Club. 2 stock, and 2 Modded
    Last edited by SRT THIS; 06-07-2004 at 05:23 AM.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    No offense but if your stock and he's stock and you both had passengers then I call B.S... An srt 4 is lighter then the sti and they are very similar in there dyno numbers. A typical sti dynos at 235 whp and you dynod a little bit higher but an 03 srt is around 220 and an 04 is a little higher. You couldnt have placed any more hten 1 car if that if he was really racing...sorry man, I just gotta throw my .02 in....
    I agree. But this guy beat the driver not the car. Also about the 10 car lengths......theres a little saying across the land......."objects in mirror are closer than they appear"
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.