Sti vs Srt 4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Sti vs Srt 4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by skyjock41 I agree. But this guy beat the driver not the car. Also about the 10 car ...

Originally posted by skyjock41
    I agree. But this guy beat the driver not the car. Also about the 10 car lengths......theres a little saying across the land......."objects in mirror are closer than they appear"
    Hahaha. Good call.

A race is a race. I raced an 03 cobra with pully's and what not and I beat him in my SRT4. Most people would call BS on that too. I also lost to him the race before. So it's as much driver as it is car.

It helps when your car goes 11.9's too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill - i havetn raced or driven in either car, so i have no idea, but awesome job if its all true

LOL

First of all I say again he " honked 3 times" 2nd when I let off and he finally catches up he says " my f@#$ car is slow". So how does that equate to he was'nt racing.....? Oh I don't give a rats tail about what who has done or their experience with what car. You lose you lose....and he lost ...but I leave it to you guys to debate how much power a car comes with from factory or how good the driver is.....lol next time I see a 1/4 mile race or any professional event I will be sure to look for the disclaimer on the screen >" The other car was driven by a bad driver"

LOL this was good for a laugh...and I like that mirror comment! Oh if I had a dollar for every time I talk to someone who says " My boys car, friends car, brother's, sister's cousin's, roomate's, dog has a car you will lose to"....This guy initates a race and loses to a middle age guy who drives conservatively, real question is does this kid really deserve a car if he can't drive?
    Last edited by V8killer2pt5; 06-07-2004 at 06:57 PM.
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

I have a car i cant really drive, well..im still learning stick though haha

gfx
    To add my 2c worth... my friend just recently got an SRT-4 and raced my friend's EVO from a roll at 40mph to 80 or so mph. The SRT-4 pulled no more than a half a car.

I'm pretty sure a stock STI could beat an SRT-4 from a roll.
    2003 5MT WRB WRX Sedan
    -
    Cobb stage 2.5 w/ VF30, Stoptech BBK, JDM STI front/rear seats, Mattjk LCD setup, JDM headlights w/ McColluch 6000k HIDs, GReddy EVO, 17x8" Gold Rota Torques, Eibach Pro-kit
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/gfxwrx

My car shots taken with my Canon 300D dSLR

I Support ClubWRX
    A kill is a kill, regardless of who, what, when, where, and how.

As for the SRT4 vs STi from a roll, my friend and I tested this out quite a while ago. Here is the thread.

Rolled against my bud's SRT4 today

For those that don't care to follow it, from a roll, my stock STi against a stock SRT4 would jump out to about a half car lead and maintain it to 120. We didn't go from a dig as everyone knows the STi will annihilate the SRT4 there.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.