Scion TC
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Scion TC within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Have you guys heard about this car. I guess it inhereted all the "good looks" genes, because their simblings (Xa, ...

J-H

Scion TC

Have you guys heard about this car. I guess it inhereted all the "good looks" genes, because their simblings (Xa, Xb). are just not as stylish I would say....

2.4 litter VVT-i
    160HP
    163lb-ft

Low compression ratio: 9.6: 1 (turbo potential?)

manual: $16,465

Any thoughts...

JH

<edited price>
    Last edited by J-H; 06-04-2004 at 01:39 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I read somewhere that they are considering a factory supercharged option in the 200hp range.

Originally posted by Griswold
    I read somewhere that they are considering a factory supercharged option in the 200hp range.
    I heard about the blower as well.. It seems as if they have the compression they do in order o encourage turbo/supercharging by the tuner market.

Looks like a nice car, but I get the feeling that it will be more old folks getting these than the younger kids the brand is pitched towards
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

eh, factory turbo setups usually fall into the 8.5:1 range. were talkin about toyota here, so reliability will always be a top priority.

theyre nifty lil cars. not that id want one. if you want a dwarf car, get a mini
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

J-H
    The compression ratio kinda made me wonder what JIGGA said. Looks like a pretty awesome engine (low compression ratio, toyota reliability, etc) ready to get some sort of FI slapped onto it.....

Is it just me or 160hp out of a DOHC VVT-i 2.4l engine is pretty lame.

BTW, I don't think it looks bad at all. I would certainly take a second look at it.

JH

Seems like a perfect set up to run a nice little T3/ T4 set up on to me.

The set up almost reminds me of a Honda. Only thing is, its still the wrong wheel drive.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Originally posted by Neversatisfied
    Seems like a perfect set up to run a nice little T3/ T4 set up on to me.

The set up almost reminds me of a Honda. Only thing is, its still the wrong wheel drive.
    It would be nice if compression was a tad lower. Honda? The vvt-i engines at least have torque.

amen on wrong-wheel drive though

Sport Compact Car did a report on one w/ a t3/t4 kit on it. They have not posted hp numbers but I bet it runs...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Nice

I think the car looks real nice, put power on it kinda sucks. Wish we knew what numbers that turbo TC is putting down?
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    We start selling them at the end of this month. The factory TRD supercharger will not be available for the first few months (probably be out late August) You can already get suspension, clutch, exhaust, body kit, etc. thru TRD. The blower will be set @ ~ 5lbs. of boost and up HP to 200. With EM and MBC I beleive potential is easily in the 230- 260 range. Turbo possibility is a whole nother story...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Originally posted by SOUTHPAW
    We start selling them at the end of this month. The factory TRD supercharger will not be available for the first few months (probably be out late August) You can already get suspension, clutch, exhaust, body kit, etc. thru TRD. The blower will be set @ ~ 5lbs. of boost and up HP to 200. With EM and MBC I beleive potential is easily in the 230- 260 range. Turbo possibility is a whole nother story...
    Can't use a MBC on a blower, you have to do a pully swap to increase the boost level.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

pics?
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Test drove the thing today. Auto and manual. Manual w/ 18's were fun in the twisties. Really light. Steering was also better with the 18's and 40 profile. Needs a short shifter but not yet available. The 17" rims come with the same garbage RE92's.

Legroom in the back was good and the back seats recline

Headroom made more for short folks like me. 5'6 and my head just about hit the rear roof line. Nice looking sunroof though. Stereo is world's better than the WRX though. The TRD exhaust was on the auto which sucked a$$. It just droned the interior. It would have been nice on the 5spd. The car also needs the strut tower bar I believe to make it better in the twisties. $225 installed if not $250. Supercharger for $3,000. Interior according to the sales person is made of Japanese rice paper that hardly gets scratched. Steering wheel is nice and small and wrapped. Clutch feel needs help. Too light. But the thing revs freely with lots of torque in the bottom.

If I had to buy a car for $18K (out the door), it would be on my list.

A guy in a C32 AMG almost fell out of his car trying to check out the car. I gave him the thumbs up and we just started laughing in the car. 4 people, with AC on, it still pulled decently. San Francisco hills were no problem. The thing looks like a 5 series up front.

Originally posted by SOUTHPAW
    mbc???
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.