Turbo civic vs. Scoooby

This is a discussion on Turbo civic vs. Scoooby within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok heres the deal. I have this friend that had a 1990 CRX with a turbo b16. Fully gutted and ...

Turbo civic vs. Scoooby

Ok heres the deal. I have this friend that had a 1990 CRX with a turbo b16. Fully gutted and running daily on 10 lbs. So he goes to the track pulls a 13.4 with a pretty ****ty 60 ft and decides that his car was too slow so he sold it.
    Jump ahead 6 months, now he has a 1993 civic hatchback with SOHC d16 with low comp. je pistons and crower rods, not sleeved and a stock head and valvetrain. Built for turbo supposively. Anyways, he finally bolts on his turbo kit from the old car that has a t3/4 with a 54mm compressor wheel and a stage 3 turbine wheel. Gets it dyno'd and pulls 213whp on a mustang dyno at 10 lbs. So ever since I got the wrx all I ever hear about from his friends is that hed work me even if I was modded. (by modded I mean stage 2 plus uppipe and ic hoses). Now the other day he goes to the track and pulls a 14.5 with a "slipping clutch" yet hes still talkin ****. Now mind you I havent said a word, I have kept quiet this entire time. What do you guys think? How bad would I beat him. Race will be from a dig and then one race from a 40 roll.
    -Griffin
    BTW, I saw the dyno and the turbo spools at 4600 rpm. Hmmm... wonder why?
    Last edited by Boosted4; 06-03-2004 at 05:30 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You = teh win
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

You should be able to tare him a new one from a dig but from a 40 roll he might hang.
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

I saw a couple turbo'd b-16 and sohc race at the track. From the times alls I can say is that ..... put money down. You'll be glad you did.

Originally posted by STiPwrSlide
    You should be able to tare him a new one from a dig but from a 40 roll he might hang.
    i agree..I had a 1994 civic ex coupe with that same motor turbo'd and surprising enough they will run awesome for a SOHC motor ..i wonder what his speed was on the 14 sec run..i think you would pull slightly if any on a highway roll..but it depends on how well he is tuned..from a dig you'd eat him up..

what was his trap on that 14.5 run??

you should rip him up from a dig... but dont get to confident on the roll, and do get to high on the speedometer either... remember, the faster you go, the more lengths he will likely make up
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I think it was like a 98 or 99? Something like that. I think it was a little high for the et but still no where near trap speeds for a stage 2 rex. I think if I pull any 60 ft better than a 2.0 I should have no problems.
    -Griffin

not sure turbo civic are strange creatures. some just sit and burn. others are like a rocket once power is on the ground. I ran a turbo civic and had no idea that I was. looked stock sounded normal. we got up there. and green I go. he is back there sleeping on the line (1.6 reaction). then I am almost at the end. whabam whabam whabam and he pulls past with a 14.8 and I got a 15.4 but that was before I figured how to drive it but bet with the clutch problem you got him ez.

Originally posted by Boosted4
    I think it was like a 98 or 99? Something like that. I think it was a little high for the et but still no where near trap speeds for a stage 2 rex. I think if I pull any 60 ft better than a 2.0 I should have no problems.
    -Griffin
    stageII rex will trap right around that
    either way, from a dig i still give it to you for sure unless he found a way to get off the line A LOT better.. than it might be kinda close

from a roll it should be much closer.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

That's interesting that he swapped out a b16 to go w/ a single cam motor, usually it's the other way around. I've raced a single cam turbo civic back when I had my b16 hatch. Never found out what turbo he had but when it spooled up it put 2-3 cars on me in no time. I'd say it was definitely a low 14 maybe high 13 sec car.

I still think your stage 2 should be able to beat it from a dig. From a roll it would be kinda close but you could probably edge him out as long as you don't go to much over a 100mph.

Well I figure stage 2 rex is in the mid to high 13's and regaurdless if he gets his "slipping clutch" problem fixed, I cant see him really pulling any better than a low 14 et. Im not too worried about the 1/4, just going from a roll. I think it might be close.
    -Griffin

Multiple car legnths from a dig. Little closer from a stop, but you would still win.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.