stock RX8 vs. STOCK WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on stock RX8 vs. STOCK WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I think that rx8s rarely run mid 14s. Check out rx8club. Most run 15s i believe, and automatics......

I think that rx8s rarely run mid 14s. Check out rx8club. Most run 15s i believe, and automatics...
    Last edited by jungdragon; 06-04-2004 at 04:17 PM.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ike
    There is one guy that has managed to do anything near what the mags can and he had years of drag racing experience, powershifted, and also went through two tranny's and blew an engine. He also claimed to have slips and video but failed to produce them and disappeared from the forum when people kept asking for them. Other than that the fastest time that anyone has achieved is a 14.8 and there have also been more 15+ second passes than there have been 14 second passes. In person I've seen anywhere from 15.1-15.8 with traps around 90mph at The Grove and those were all the MT version. The AT is a 16 second car and is dog slow.

The early magazine reviews where the car ran 14.5 were all done with preproduction cars before Mazda had to change the ECU settings to make the car run rich in order to preserve the life of the first cat. In addition in order to get the car to do a 14.5 an 8k clutch drop was needed, and that clutch drop often brings bad wheelhop which seems to be fairly common on the RX-8.

In the twisties they are great cars and handle very well, but they are not all that impressive in the acceleration department. From a roll up to high speeds the RX-8 would probably take out a WRX, other than that the RX-8 should lose in a straightline.

like IKE said ...preproduction rx8's were good competition ...the production ones are crap..if you've noticed..the hp rating on them has dropped from 255 to 235..i cant wait till mazda gets sued by people..tell your friend to keep the g35...g35 will take the rx8 off a roll and put up a fight might even win against rx8 off a launch

if you dont like your friend much..tell him to buy it...put a mbc and you can probably take him off a roll ...i messed around with a rx8 locally i had downpipe and mbc but it was set at like 14psi and i still pulled off a roll...i'm not impressed with rx8..should of kept it twin turbo..overrated piece of crap...someone race an rx8 off a roll and see what happens with bonestock..seeing as how the production ones seem to have problems breaking 14's...i wont be surprised if wrx keeps up off a roll (low mph roll ...15 1st gear 35-40 2nd gear ..etc)
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

i did not even launch my truck, and i pulled on the RX8 down low, I am pretty sure that if we kept going he would have pulled, however I have been murdered by teh WRX on a few ocasions...
    The G35 will kill you from a roll they are heavier than Zs, wich will really put a hurtin on the WRX from a roll, especially the track model..
    Parts left off of a car cost nothing weigh nothing and do not cause service issues.

Hey, thanks for all the responses guys. I am not worried about the RX-8 because i havent seen one in my town yet, but one of my friends, not like a best friend, just a more less school friend got a AUTOMATIC g35 coupe and wants to race either me or one of my good friends who has an 03 wrx. So, one of us is going to race him sometime, and I will be sure to tell hwo it goes down.

( we wont street race, we will set something up on this old abonded street )

Good luck against the Auto G35. You should be able to take him.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Straight-line racing is lame.

RX8 would own a stock WRX in the twisties.

-Mike

yeah wrx sucks
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

This happened to me friday afternoon so i have some street lab results.

I have a stock wagon. I'm at a light and an RX-8 is behind me then swings out to line up in the lane beside me

When the light turned i couldn't resist and punched it to redline in first and was about a 1/2 car ahead. Through 2nd he was at my bumper and i could hear the guys car screaming at WOT. He just fell in behind me after that for the upcoming red light (it merged into one lane).

They aren't very fast , as a stock wrx isn't overly fast. But they look nice.

RX8 has more hp, but not much. It's not very light either (around 3000lbs). It is putting a bit more hp to the wheels than a stock wrx will, but it also has something like 150ft/lbs torque.
    Last edited by OneInchPunch; 06-07-2004 at 09:05 AM.

RX8 can handle better than a stock WRX?

Originally posted by 2fastwrx3112
    RX8 can handle better than a stock WRX?
    a yeah.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12