Poor e46 m3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Poor e46 m3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am a little scared of my tranny blowing...But I granny shift soo, it might be ok till next month. ...

I am a little scared of my tranny blowing...But I granny shift soo, it might be ok till next month. Thats when I am getting my new gears. I would love to be on video, please bring the camera.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow sick numbers. Hope to run in to you this weekend.

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    [B]I am a little scared of my tranny blowing...But I granny shift soo, it might be ok till next month. Thats when I am getting my new gears. [B][/i]
    Good thinking.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

I am a little scared of my tranny blowing...But I granny shift soo, it might be ok till next month. Thats when I am getting my new gears. I would love to be on video, please bring the camera.

You're granny shifting when you race? Dude...you're supposed to double clutch... /fastandfurious

Right...see you tomorrow, I want a ride
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss
    Make sure you bring a change of shorts...and a video camera...

Awesome kill! One of my bro's friends just got an M3 and I've been wanting to know what I could get to whoop it It's a pimp car without a doubt but did you ever race one w/ your old setup? Didn't you have a vf22?

Don't mean to jack the thread but how do you like this setup compared to your last one? I'm on a budget so the vf22 may be more in my range than the 18g. Could your old setup beat an m3?

Originally posted by Trailboss
    You're granny shifting when you race? Dude...you're supposed to double clutch... /fastandfurious

How are they using the term double clutch in F&F (I don't remember much of that gay ass movie)? True double clutching (aka Double declutching) is on down shift, so why would you do it in a drag race?
    Scott in Houston

Originally posted by Scott n Houston
    How are they using the term double clutch in F&F (I don't remember much of that gay ass movie)? True double clutching (aka Double declutching) is on down shift, so why would you do it in a drag race?
    That's pretty much what every real car enthusiast was saying when they watched that movie. Who fing double-clutches on an upshift in todays cars? You would lose so much time not to mention there is absolutely no need.

13secwrx:

When you say you are replacing your gears, are you getting a stronger set? Where are you getting the gears from?

Sorry if it is a newb question but I'm thinking of my STi's tranny and how to beef it up for when I start adding performance mods. Now just one more week or so before my STi arrives lol...

No offense but this 18g blows away my old vf22. No comparision. With my old setup though I was able to beat new e46's but not destroy them. I pulled on him like he was standing still at 80mph. My 4th feels like 2nd...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Nothing like picking on stock cars...

Originally posted by MJU1983
    Nothing like picking on stock cars...
    Can't let it go to waste now!
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Gotta pick on somebody...plus that car is more than 2x our cars brand new...They like to pick on us, so why cant we back
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Gotta pick on somebody...plus that car is more than 2x our cars brand new...They like to pick on us, so why cant we back
    It reminds me of the rednecks who make fun of exotic cars at the drag strip... Like "Hey, my LS1 just beat your 200,000$ [insert car here]..."

Be like, so what... It's still an LS1.

I donít know, I picked on Vettes when I had my WRX... So I can empathize a little I suppose.

-Mike

Dont confuse it, I love the m3 and would trade my car in a heartbeat for it. But until that day then I like to play the underdog instead of the bully. I may actually be the bully but they dont know that until they see my tail lights..I think my new setup is getting me too cocky, I need to get my tail whipped by something this weekend to come back down to reality...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

eat em all up man..eat em all!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast