run in with the S4...

This is a discussion on run in with the S4... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the other night, im sitting at the light and this kid pulls up in a S4 6 speed in the ...

run in with the S4...

the other night, im sitting at the light and this kid pulls up in a S4 6 speed in the right hand turn lane and asks me what kind of exhaust ive got...so he follows me down the road and i pull off into a lot and show him the car, and having driven many Audis myself, decided to let him drive my car... he was looking for his next car and i think he figured out just what its going to be!!!

so we get back to the lot, we leave and hes behind me at a 4 way stop, so i move off but let him catch up at about 10 mph...i gun it, he guns it simultaneously...i easily put about six lengths between us to 85-90

those cars are quick, but a mildy modded Baru can take em
    Silver 2002 WRX...far from stock

An error made on your own is safer that ten truths accepted on faith, because the first allows you the means to correct it, but the second destroys ones ability to distinguish truth from error.--Ayn Rand

That which has been is that which will be, and that which has been done is that wich will be done-so there is nothing new under the sun.-Solomon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I love the word MILD,,,
    how milddly mod is your car?
    6 car lengths is quite big,,,,,,,
    not calling BS, but perhaps MILD is just your way of humbleness?
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Alot of people have different ideas of mild vs spicy. I think for the most part, the wrx guys draw the border at a larger turbo. Prettly much everyone i've seen follows the normal upgrade pattern, exhaust, boost controllers, chips, etc. Once you graduate to the turbo and injectors, your not mild anymore.. I think this is pretty different from other makes and their followers, I know people that think an intake and cat back is "really modified man".

jb

Registered User Quantum-Racing.com's Avatar
    I would prefer a nomenclature similar to Supra guys.

BPU - Basic Performance Upgrades: Uppipe, Turboback, Intake, Boost Controller

APU - Bigger turbo and fuel, etc.

+ - Each for Full Silicon set, fuel, timing, underdrive, etc.

Therefore, a car with BPU and a silicon set with an underdrive pulley would be BPU++. <shrug>
    300ZX guys seem to want to make another stage for everything they add ie., 300ZXTT Stage 11+...

I personally think anything less than a bigger turbo is pretty minor. Once you get a real turbo, you'll probably feel the same way. If you don't, you probably upgraded to too small of a turbo. J/K
    www.Quantum-Racing.com
    Home of the Dynapack AWD Dyno
    Sales Email, Tech Email

Originally posted by slin02
    I love the word MILD,,,
    how milddly mod is your car?
    6 car lengths is quite big,,,,,,,
    not calling BS, but perhaps MILD is just your way of humbleness?
    i agree with the posts following yours

mild is without a bigger turbo/injectors/IC etc..but thats next!

all i have is

catless U+Downpipe
    Blitz Spec Nur Catback
    Injen CAI
    Samco IC Hoses
    Groud Mod
    SBC-ID at 16psi in 3rd gear

PS....i know where the kid lives...ill race again from a stop and let you know what happens
    Silver 2002 WRX...far from stock

An error made on your own is safer that ten truths accepted on faith, because the first allows you the means to correct it, but the second destroys ones ability to distinguish truth from error.--Ayn Rand

That which has been is that which will be, and that which has been done is that wich will be done-so there is nothing new under the sun.-Solomon

str
    I like those Audi's. Has anyone ever noticed how cool the headlights are on those things? The stock headlights are nice and bright and are more white than yellow. Sweet.

Originally posted by str
    I like those Audi's. Has anyone ever noticed how cool the headlights are on those things? The stock headlights are nice and bright and are more white than yellow. Sweet.
    Actually, the S4 comes with the HID's. They have a purplish tint to them.