Firebird V6 poser

This is a discussion on Firebird V6 poser within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Red Firebird (newer model) comes through the corner in front of me and he see's me sitting at the light ...

Post Firebird V6 poser

Red Firebird (newer model) comes through the corner in front of me and he see's me sitting at the light waiting. The guy get on it some so of course I take that as a challenge. Light pops green and I take off for him. To my surprise I catch him. I say surprise because he has the big tires and dual exhust that used to mean V-8. To my delight the light turns red and a little Corolla has it's blinker on to turn right so I easy on over. I rolled my window down and said, "Want to?" the fellow gave me a thumbs up. I've been practicing my launch and the practice paided off. Light turned green I feathered off the clutch at 3K or so and catapulted off with a little tire squeal. I look in my left side mirror and I'm a good two cars on him. When I shifted into 3rd I looked over and it was obvious he gave up. I slowed down and we both waved and smile to one another and he gave me another thumbs up. I related this to an old hot rodder friend of mine and he says it was probably a V-6 since I didn't really hear any tire squeal from his car. He also said that the newer Firebirds and Camaros come standard with V-6s and big tires and rims and dual exhust. I think he was right too because I can't imagine it didn't put up a better fight against my stock WRX (K&N air filter and 3/16"). I thought I was going to get this mustang convert V-8 to race me the other day but the guy chickened out. I can't believe the WRX is that feared. LOL
    Pete
    Blitz Turbo Timer, TurboXS mbc, uppipe, Samco intercooler hoses, TurboXS Unichip (stage 1), TurboXS intake, Vishnu downpipe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a v-6 firebird and it has some huge tires on it. You have the option of duel exhaust from the factory. One way to tell is that all trans ams have the raised spoiler, and the formula ( also v8) has a front lip and skirts but no spoiler.
    2005 STI
    Obsidian black with gold wheels

Moderator of SE forum

Quote:
    What is the handicapped parking situation at the special olympics?