wrx vs Jetta VR6... w/ vette cruising along

This is a discussion on wrx vs Jetta VR6... w/ vette cruising along within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cliff's below... Well, my friend got his Jetta a few months ago even after all our friends tried to convince ...

wrx vs Jetta VR6... w/ vette cruising along

Cliff's below...

Well, my friend got his Jetta a few months ago even after all our friends tried to convince him that it's a girl's car. I tried to convince him to get the golf or at least the 1.8t. Anyways, it's a pretty decent car (if you can look past it's gayness). 200hp w/ a 6spd tranny. After being in the car with him a few times and feeling the torque and power of the car I felt that it would probably be a good highway match up for my stock wrx. Unfortunately we never raced while I was stock (i'm cobb stg1 now).

Deep down I knew I would beat him but ever since my stock wrx was beat by a golf ( i think it was a vr6) on the highway I've had my doubts. I knew my stage 1 felt much better on the highway so I figured he'd lose.. just not sure by how much.

So on our way home from hollywood we pace each other at about 60mph. I drop into 3rd... but after 5 seconds of waiting he doesn't go, so I pop up to 4th... and of course that's when he takes off. He gets a good car jump while I throw it back into 3rd but by the time I shift to 4th I'm already a car ahead and pulling hard. I let up at about 110ish w/ probably a good 3 cars.

I slow back down and we line up again... 65mph and this time I keep it in 3rd till he goes. I see his car lurch forward so I punch it and this time I pull immediately. I probably had a good 4 cars by the time I let up. Well, I pretty much knew I was gonna beat him, just didn't know by how much. I have to factor in that he's a really crappy driver, IMO. I found out later that he only had it in 5th gear... I would have dropped it to at least 4th. I think w/ a better driver the car would have hung in much closer. He seriously drives like a grandma.

So while all this action was going on w/ me and my friend, a nice C5 corvette was keeping pace. I got a look at its side and noticed that it wasn't a Z06, not that it makes it any less deadly. So after pacing him and trying to get him to run, even though I knew he'd murder me, he continues to ignore me so I just pass him and cruise at about 75mph. Then seriously out of nowhere he comes out from behind me and takes off... I didn't even have time to react to even decide to give chase. By the time I figured what the hell just happened he was already 4 cars ahead and pulling like a freight train. Those things are fast! If only I could be that fast

Well, I was satisfied for the evening. I finally squashed the vr6 debate I was having in my mind, even though I feel a better driver could have been more of a challenge. I don't think there will be a rematch, at least not while I'm stage 1. I have a nice stromung dp waiting to go in... and then I'll be stage 2!! Then the rematch w/ my bro's s2k will be scheduled ..(read 1st race here) . I hope I don't get disappointed. I'll keep you all posted...

CLIFF's: raced my friend's stock vr6 jetta twice on a 65mph roll and toasted him. The cobb stage 1 helped quite a bit but his crappy granny driving is what also killed him.

C5 vette was pacing and showed what true highway power is all about. Bow down

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice runs....

If that corvette was stock, then you can be that fast, or even faster...

Get a bigger turbo! with all the associated trimmings, and you too can pull "like a freight train"
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...