Integra GSR Encounter

This is a discussion on Integra GSR Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I driving back from the Marta station w/ a friend ( 220lbs+ ) & luggage in the car. I'm just ...

Integra GSR Encounter

I driving back from the Marta station w/ a friend ( 220lbs+ ) & luggage in the car. I'm just driving along and signal to get into the right lane from the middle lane near his neighborhood. I'm also coming up on a silver GSR w/ an exhaust ( as far as I can see ) and think nothing of it. Then I see him look at me from the driver's side mirror and as I'm coming up on his left ... he downshifts, revs, and "tries" to go. I looked over at my friend and ask him if he was in a hurry to get home, but he wasn't so I decided to have a little fun.
    I continue to follow the GSR as he's going through traffic and he keeps looking up at me from the rear view mirror. We come up to a light and his infront of me w/ a car infront of him. Then a guy in a F250 pulls up on my left and asks for directions; I kindly gave him directions and then the converstions w/ the guy in the F250 goes ...

"Are you two having fun?"
    "Yeah, actually he threw out an invite by reving so I decided to take his offer."
    "You have a nice car. Those cars are fast"
    "Thanks"
    "What are you running because you don't sound factory, it sounds so nice."
    "I'm running a Stage 2.5 putting down around 280 at the cranks and 220whp."
    "I guess that fool infront didn't know what he got himself into."
    "Nope, that's why this is so fun." ( I reved to redline so he could hear the exhaust )
    "That'd be so much fun, so do your thing."

Light turns green and the GSR couldn't go anywhere because of the traffic infront of him. However a few lights down the road, I see the traffic clearing and knew he was going to break for it. We're doing 35 in a 45 so I'm in 2nd ready for the move. As soon as there's an opening I hear him gun it and I go WOT right behind him. I redline 2nd, go into 3rd, signal, and passed him like he was standing still. I then slow down to 50 which is the normal driving speed and I see him sitting a few cars behind me debating if he should try again. I'm in the left lane doing 40mph waiting for him and I see that we're approaching a car in the right lane infront of the GSR. The GSR wanted to show off so he comes next to me, waits, and goes WOT trying to cut infront of me ... but ..... he gets denied; GSR went VTEC, WRX pulled 2+ car lengths in <2 secs. I figured the GSR would have learned by now so I drive my normal 50 and he comes behind me and passes me slowly on the right. I look over and wave and he waves too, however doesn't seem happy.
    I don't know if the GSR had any mods but I'm pretty sure not as he got killed even w/ the extra weight in my car. I haven't done something like this in a "long" time, it was fun.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had a 97 GSR with int., header, exhaust, pulley. That thing revved like a beast, but only after 6000 rpms. My old 04 stock rex would definitely jump a car length from a dig. The GSR ran high 14's at the track so it would be a challenge for a stock rex. But a modded rex, stage 1 or 2 would be enough to eat the GSR. Nice kill man. I hated being a ricer thinking my Acura was all that. Too bad a punky little high school kid owns my old car and making the Honda Acura emblem look bad around here. Maybe I gotta go pick on the little guy. Nah, waste of gas.

nice kill.... sounded like you had some fun.

i am a little suprised you didnt get the ricer flyby
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yo

Yeah, I just wanted to have some fun. I use to get races all the time especially after washing the car but it's been a long time that someone actually wanted to race w/ me. I don't think I got the "ricer flyby" because he tried a few times but never passed me during the "ricer flyby." We're both keep it w/in relatively "safe" speeds so nothing too critical.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph