04 WRX VS. Storms Hail, and Mud

This is a discussion on 04 WRX VS. Storms Hail, and Mud within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last week I drove the WRX out to a cookout at my friends land. There was rain in the forecast ...

04 WRX VS. Storms Hail, and Mud

Last week I drove the WRX out to a cookout at my friends land. There was rain in the forecast so I couldn't wait to try out the WRX in a little mud. Later that night the sky got ugly and there was a tornado warning issued for the area. My friend has not built on his land yet, so we all had to retreat to his neighbors house a 1/2 mile down the road to seek shelter. The terrential pouring rain quickly turned the field into a slick mud pit. I dropped off my wife and son and went back for my other friends because I had a feeling they were stuck. My friend who had just purchased a 2004 F250 4X4 had gotten stuck in the mud under some trees. I thought he was hiding under the trees because it had begun to hail. As I got closer and slid down the hill, I saw his tires spinning. I wound up right beside him after my slide. I tested for traction and I was still able to move. The rest of my friends piled in my car, and the Subaru got them to safety. After that night I was thoroughly impressed with the AWD system on the WRX. The bad news is my car suffered some nice dents from the hail. It sounded like someone was throwing golfballs at it. I also got a nice scratch on one of the back doors.
    2004 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

*$!% the same thing happened to me about 3 weeks ago. I was driving home from Baltimore when this huge hail storm came out of the blue. Basically I took my subby straight up the side of a bank under a overpass. There where a ton of trucks under there and they all looked at me like i was crazy. Then, I got out to basically make sure the hail would hit me before my car My date thought I had lost my mind but hey she got over it!

Sorry about your luck, this one time I got lucky and got under that overpass super quick. And I hope there will never be a second time.

I only wish I could of been in that field you guys where in minus the hail that would of had to be some serious fun. And its always a good feeling when a car rescues a truck

Staton