mazda 6 wagon
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on mazda 6 wagon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well, my uncle traded in his pathfinder and wanted to get something sporty/utility and he was deciding between a wrx ...

mazda 6 wagon

well, my uncle traded in his pathfinder and wanted to get something sporty/utility and he was deciding between a wrx wagon or mazda 6 wagon.

he ended up chosing the mazda. i said he should have gotten an XT forester, but whatever!

the 6 is quite nice. the interior and especially dash council is very nice looking, and the interior feel is great. he got it completely loaded with leather, moonroof, sport package, etc... for only $24k

he tried both out but said the refinement and quality of the mazda won him over. its a nice looking car, and handles quite well, but power is def. lacking. its the top of the line V6 220 hp engine. just not enough pull or grunt, but over all its a nice car with a VERY large cargo area in the rear. its bigger than the rex, and handles fairly equivelently, but isnt nearly as fast.. but then again, hes older.... so i dont think speed was his first choice.
    not to mention he has a modded prelude if he wants to go fast

just thought i would share
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The new mazdas are pretty nice. So I guess he got the automatic?

thats awesome, the mazda wagon is pretty cool, only im not sure about if it handles as well as a wrx - only because its lacking awd, so maybe on dry, but not in the rain or snow, hehe

The Automatic on the 6 is pretty nice. Can be put into Semi-automatic mode where you can select the gearing like a clutchless manual transmission. This may only be an option on the 5 door hatch and sedan though.
    Bought September 25, 2004
    2005 Subaru WRX STi World Rally Blue/Gold Wheels

Mods: DOMOKUN!!!!

Sold: 1998 Ford Contour SVT

yeah, its auto... although it does have the manu-matic shifting thing.

he said the turning "feel" of the mazda is better, but the rex is more nimble and confidence inspiring.

only thing he hates is that on the manu-matic to downshift you go forward and upshift is back... said he kept getting it mixed up and such... but thats something you just get used to
    Just call me Clark Kent

I test drove one, it was between the 6 or the Rex. The 6 is a really nice car, but the rex won, hands down.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    yeah, its auto... although it does have the manu-matic shifting thing.

he said the turning "feel" of the mazda is better, but the rex is more nimble and confidence inspiring.

only thing he hates is that on the manu-matic to downshift you go forward and upshift is back... said he kept getting it mixed up and such... but thats something you just get used to
    Something else I noticed when test driving is under heavy throttle or when downshifting, the "manu-matic" has a 1-2 second delay between the selection and the actual shift of the vehicle.
    Bought September 25, 2004
    2005 Subaru WRX STi World Rally Blue/Gold Wheels

Mods: DOMOKUN!!!!

Sold: 1998 Ford Contour SVT

Originally posted by Wthermans
    Something else I noticed when test driving is under heavy throttle or when downshifting, the "manu-matic" has a 1-2 second delay between the selection and the actual shift of the vehicle.
    a lot of manu-matics seem to be like that...

my grandma's eclipse does it (though not that bad)
    and my grandpa's TL does it
    Just call me Clark Kent

I drove same but not the wagon. nice car. feels real soild. But I love having a turbo!

Actually the handling of mazdas in stock form is pretty good. Traditionally mazda is pretty good handling company.

I drove the mazda speed protege. If cornered much better than the stock rex.

I still stuck the rex for the AWD launch and interior.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

Originally posted by flyingace
    Actually the handling of mazdas in stock form is pretty good. Traditionally mazda is pretty good handling company.

I drove the mazda speed protege. If cornered much better than the stock rex.

I still stuck the rex for the AWD launch and interior.
    yes, mazda is def. making a name for its self in the handling and build department. the MS protege is one of the best handling 4 door cars out there right now for under 30g's and it costs like 20g's

once mazda can combine the current style/comfort/handling theme and then throw in some REAL power.... we will have some pretty badass cars on our hands
    Just call me Clark Kent

I like the sedan but was really not crazy about the wagon at all. Something about it doesn't quite seems to flow.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.