Havent posted a kill here in awhile....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Havent posted a kill here in awhile.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been using the srtforums seeing as I now own a SRT-4 but there are so many idiots over there ...

Havent posted a kill here in awhile....

I've been using the srtforums seeing as I now own a SRT-4 but there are so many idiots over there (mostly non owners) that it's not worth it. I hope you dont mind me posting about an encounter I had last night with a E36 M3.

I was leaving work (yes, I had to work Sunday) and as I made a right onto the four lane road leading to the interstate I noticed a E36 M3 pass by. It was pretty funny because as he passed we both kinda rubbernecked looking at each other. I had a feeling he was game because he was a younger dude about my age.

I quickly pull out and get behind him, ready to merge onto the freeway. I see him looking in his rear view so I was ready and waiting when he gunned it and swung into the fast lane once we merged. I kept it in third and pretty soon I was right up on his rear and had to let off.

I fell back to a safe distance until traffic cleared then I got right. He stayed there waiting for me. By this time it was like the Red Sea had parted, no traffic ahead and no on ramps for a mile or so. I smiled and nodded and let him take the hit.

A quick downshift to third and we were off. I'm pretty sure he was stock because he didnt get too far. I had a car and half by the end of third. I let off at the top of fourth (around 120 or so) and he was pretty far back there.

I slowed down and we exchanged thumbs up. My exit was coming and he had enough so we both just cruised for awhile till I got off the highway.

He was pretty cool, nice looking car too. Black 2 door. 97ish body style or so. Thanks for letting me post here, just killing time at work.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill. I was curious why you sold your wrx for a srt-4? Do you miss the AWD?

Oh yeah, I miss that car for sure.

I sold the car for a couple reasons. Number one being that I work at a Dodge dealer, therefor I get an extra $300 a month in the way of a demo allowance if I drive a Dodge.

I was ready to move on to something else too though.

I miss AWD on the streets but for the track I have a set of slicks that get me close to the 60' I was pulling with the WRX.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

My friends got a silver srt-4. Did a turbo swap. hes got like 300whp. Great cars. Good luck with it

Originally posted by TurboWill
    My friends got a silver srt-4. Did a turbo swap. hes got like 300whp. Great cars. Good luck with it

---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by silverscooby

I sold the car for a couple reasons. Number one being that I work at a Dodge dealer, therefor I get an extra $300 a month in the way of a demo allowance if I drive a Dodge.
    They pay you to drive their cars?
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

It's called a demo allowance. Instead of giving us some ****ty Intrepid to drive they let us get what we want and give us a certain amount per month. I could have gotten the same thing on a Viper if I wanted to (or should I say, if my wife would let me :P )
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

So basically they are paying you to own the car. wtf? You don't have any car payments then? What about the mods?

The car is in my name, I pay for it every month. If I were to leave the dealership I would still own it and still make the payments. The demo allowance pays a portion (all but $40) of my payment.

It's a perk of my job. Look at it like a bonus.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

Damn....I think I'll work at a dealer just so I can pay $40/month. Is that for the life of the car, i.e. if you stay there long enough to have it payed off? BTW, what do you do there?

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Were you able to hook up at the drags with your stock tires? A buddy of mine did nothing but hop and spin in first and second and didn't get out of the 16 sec ET area.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

This is a common occurance when working for car manufacturers. And you donít have to be a salesperson, positions like programmers at Toyota get the same type of incentives.

Well that's a pretty damn good incentive if you ask me. I didn't realize it was that much of a discount.

...meanwhile ive been out applying to every car dealership in the valley...twice to subaru of course. oh yeah, and me thinks silver scooby should share the wealth... does this work on multiple cars? say you wanted another srt maybe. oh and whats your exact street address? just curious...
    Last edited by POLAR; 05-31-2004 at 10:27 PM.

sf valley?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast