Havent posted a kill here in awhile.... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Havent posted a kill here in awhile.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Assuming my reading comprehension hasn't fallen off considerably, it doesn't apply to the actual car(s). It is an incentive...just like ...

Assuming my reading comprehension hasn't fallen off considerably, it doesn't apply to the actual car(s). It is an incentive...just like with any job (signing bonuses, gym memberships, company discounts, etc. etc.). He gets a flat $300 incentive for driving the type of car they sell. He profits by doing so, and it looks better for the dealership. A win-win.

Again, assuming I've read correctly.

VV

Originally posted by POLAR
    ...meanwhile ive been out applying to every car dealership in the valley...twice to subaru of course. oh yeah, and me thinks silver scooby should share the wealth... does this work on multiple cars? say you wanted another srt maybe. oh and whats your exact street address? just curious...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by josnroh
    Were you able to hook up at the drags with your stock tires? A buddy of mine did nothing but hop and spin in first and second and didn't get out of the 16 sec ET area.
    Your friend needs practice, lots of it. I was able to get it down to a 14.1 stock but I was spinning and getting some bad wheel hop. There are some guys that have gotten 13.7's and high 13's stock. I have no idea how, maybe the weather was perfect and they were running no tire pressure. Maybe they had a 50mph wind coming from the back too.

The tires are only 205's. They look like pizza cutters theyre so thin. Couple that with 250ft-lbs of torque at the wheels and it makes it hard to hook.

Hardened motor mounts make a big difference. I get no wheel spin now. Best time to date is a 13.2 but that was with some borrowed slicks. I need to practice with the slicks because I wasnt getting them hot enough. Not used to doing burnouts yet!

It's funny how people can actually have worthwhile discussions over here in this part of the forum. Ya'll should go over to srt-forums and go look at the war stories. It's a joke. More trolls over there than anything.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

The SRT4 can handle slicks without breaking anything? Hmmm...makes me want one even more Even though people complain about them being cheap/ugly whatever...they're cool/quick cars man..if I didn't have a WRX I probably would have bought an Srt4...too bad they weren't out when I got mine.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Good kill Silver Scooby.

What's next on the mod list?

Damn......im just looking for a kill. Ill take a hybrid on at this point. Ever since i got my WRx ive barely been messed with.

I played with a guy on base but his WRx looks stock. I pulled away quickly from the light. Not trying to say im unbeatable but i just dont get any action. Moving to Florida in October.....im sure ill get to play then.

Maybe i should put a sticker on the back window that says AUTO???
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Yeah it can handle slicks no problem. With repeated use I'm sure the clutch will need replaced but thats the same with any vehicle. There is a power level when I'm sure the axles will need replaced. I'm not too sure where that is. Axles are only like $700 or so anyway.

My next mod will be to install my e-manage and get it tuned for 93 octane and C-16. Looking to be deep in the 12's on the stock turbo with no nitrous (on slicks of course.)

Then suspension.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Sounds like fun. Wish I got those here. I think you'd be welcome here no matter what car you have...so be sure to bring the kill stories over here. I tried SRT4 forums for a while and now I only look at my regional forum to get SRT4s out for racing and such.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.