First race for me, against a modded V6 Accord
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on First race for me, against a modded V6 Accord within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I see this Accord coming up the street from my friends place, has blue neon ground effects, and when I ...

First race for me, against a modded V6 Accord

I see this Accord coming up the street from my friends place, has blue neon ground effects, and when I pull up behind him I see an A-Piller with a couple guages on it. I play around with him a bit and then we stop and I ask him what he has done, he says just an intake (had an AEM license plate holder so thats the brand I guess) But I don't know why he had all those guages, I was thinking turbo, but I didn't hear a BOV, but you can't hear ours either so who knows. So a little later we come up to a stop light. Seeing how this is my first manual and only a little over 2 months old I screw up my excuse for a launch. So through first we are about even, then in second I pull about a car length on him and shut down around 60 (not trying to get a speeding ticket).

Somehow I think I either really need to practice launching and shifting or he has more HP then I think with just an intake, but I don't really know. I figured I should have had a little more on him, but a win's and win, and the guy was cool too.

Me - 2002 5 speed WRX, K&N Air Filter, Samco Intercooler Hoses, Prodrive Axel Back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ever heard the expression "The 1/4 mile is won in the first 60'."

Guess what. It's true.

Work on you launches and you'll humiliate all comers.

-Jim

Talking

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    humiliate

str
    I used to own an Accord V6, no mods. WRX would kill that thing off the line even if that guy had mods. You just have to launch right. Rev to 5000, and dump it, you'll beat most cars off the line like that, easy.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.