Modded Evo..Evo owners read
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Modded Evo..Evo owners read within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced an evo tonight. Here were his mods. I am wondering maybe what he would be putting down. Hks ...

Modded Evo..Evo owners read

I raced an evo tonight. Here were his mods. I am wondering maybe what he would be putting down.

Hks intake, Full turbo back exhaust, Hks grounding kit, MBC set at 21 psi.

From 40mph in second I pulled maybe 1/2 car and then in 3rd I pulled a full car and then in 4th I pulled to a close 2 cars. Not to
    bad. It took all of 3rd to pull him hard but it was close. It was my first encounter w/ a modded evo. A real cool kid too. Well thats my last race w/my vf22 as my 18g is here and ready to go in...Also last one w/my stock hood....eh thats only for show.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not much, obviously less then you. Basically he has no fuel management, ths Evo is SO rich that it can't possible make big power up top, a SAFCII alon on my evo added 30WHP, those mods, liek an intake actually loses power as it makes the car think it is leaner so it adds even more fuel, tuning is key, which you have,
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

Nice kill. I tried to race a blue evo today that had atleast an exhaust, but he was with his woman so we just exchanged thumbs up and a wave.

Huh...interesting. I knew about the fuel aspect, but I thought he was probably at about 260whp...at least. I am going to run him again next week after he gets his stock computer re-flashed and I wont tell him about my upgrades and we'll see the result then.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

I assume your dyno numbers are from a dyno dynamics dynometer not an AWD dynojet?

With those mods an EVO should put out around 290 to 300 on an AWD dynojet or 245 to 255 on a dyno dynamics dynometer.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

Im not sure what kind of dyno...Its at xxtuning.com. Thats the place I got it dynod. I would have kept pulling if we continued. It was a hot car though.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

Re: Modded Evo..Evo owners read

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Well thats my last race w/my vf22 as my 18g is here and ready to go in...Also last one w/my stock hood....eh thats only for show.
    Bah so I won't get to see what a vf22 is like if I come to the DPA meet? Dammit..tell me how the difference is because I have a vf22 p&ped sitting in my room...with all the new noises/clunks etc my car is making I'm debating modding my car anymore
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

He may not be making that much power. If he's just running 21 psi without a reflash, his ECU is probably pulling a lot of timing. At least, that's what was happening to me before my reflash.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Well I think my car is running ok. Even know I lose boost, because of my turbo. I didnt slaughter him so it must be running ok...

Se r , if you come down I will give you a full analysis... ...Im just hoping I hold boost and make a little more power...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

with that guys mod he's probably putiing out around 250-260 on a dynojet and what he lacks is tuning.he might be able to hold the boost till 21psi but there's no fuel support .im surprised he hasnt started pinging on his evo yet. nice kill btw

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.