STI beats 04 cobra
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI beats 04 cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Out on DPA last weekend. What I thought was a new Mach one pulls next to me at the light. ...

STI beats 04 cobra

Out on DPA last weekend. What I thought was a new Mach one pulls next to me at the light. So the light turned green, I pull off normal and he floors it. So I floor it, after 3rd gear I had two cars on him and he gave up. Next light the guys like, WOW those things are suprisingly fast!!. I was like thanks, Is that the Mach one?, as I realized it was a 2004 cobra. he like nope its a SVT cobra. Said he couldn't beat on it because its still breaken in

Gotta love turbo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Huh...cobra eh....Now Im really intrigued...I def. gotta meet up and check out that sti...Maybe I can get a run.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Said he couldn't beat on it because its still breaken in
    So did he race you hard or was he just playing around. You are contradicting yourself. If he was not beating on it, then he was playing around.

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Huh...cobra eh....Now Im really intrigued...I def. gotta meet up and check out that sti...Maybe I can get a run.
    Fastesty car Ive lost to is my friends Evo. 23psi Should be at 290whp. He has about a two car lead at 100mph. Once i get my utec I should be around 315whp

Originally posted by Drod
    So did he race you hard or was he just playing around. You are contradicting yourself. If he was not beating on it, then he was playing around.
    Sure souded like he got on it.

My brother and I have a 03 Cobra and when stock I raced a STI and he had me to 70 MPH wich is 3rd gear and then I passed him. I did not beat him by much, considering that both card have similar 1/8 times stock. I ran a 12.73 at 112 MPH in the Cobra stock. Good kill anyway BTW what mods do you have. With exhaust and some other modes you should be in the game. Becafull with the pullied Cobras.
    Last edited by Drod; 05-29-2004 at 07:27 PM.

My brother and I have a 03 Cobra and when stock I raced a STI and he had me to 70 MPH wich is 3rd gear and then I passed him. I did not beat him by much, considering that both card have similar 1/8 times stock. I ran a 12.73 at 112 MPH in the Cobra stock. Good kill anyway BTW what mods do you have. With exhaust and some other modes you should be in the game. Becafull with the pullied Cobras.
    Damn. 112 mph stock. Not fair.
    Slow Neon.

I have a stock wrx and raced a new model cobra from a stop.
    I pulled one to two car lengths off the line (he seemed to have a problem getting traction) but he passed me like i was standing still at about 60mph. So that sounds possible.
    Last edited by Gone; 06-01-2004 at 10:52 AM.

Damn. 112 mph stock. Not fair.

Car has a KB 2.4 Supercharger. I am guessing in the 130's now.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    I did not beat him by much, considering that both card have similar 1/8 times stock.

Should'nt the two cars have completly differnt 1/8 times due to the fact that the STI is AWD? Sorry still learning.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

A well driven Cobra can come close to the WRX 60 ft times and thats where the WRX shines. 1/8 mile time are the same for the STI and Cobra MPH advantage to the Cobra.
    Last edited by Drod; 06-01-2004 at 10:42 AM.

Car has a KB 2.4 Supercharger. I am guessing in the 130's now.
    130's... wow Don't meet me at a stoplight please .

I owned a 2003 Cobra for a year. I have driven an 04 Sti many times. I have said ALL ALONG that the STi is EVERY bit as quick as the stock SC'd 03/04 SVT Cobra.

If you find a SC'd Cobra owner that can drive and pull a 0-60 in 4.5 second and a 1.9 60'.... You're in trouble out of the hole and it will get ugly all the way to 130+.... But it will NOT be a slaughter....

The STi fealt very close to the Cobra to me. BUT the STi was MORE fun to drive. BUT the modded (chip, pulley, exhaust, filter) Cobra with 525+ HP was WAYYYYYYY more fun to drive than any other car I've driven.... Well, maybe a Viper GTS was more fun... heheheheh....

I can easily believe an STi could take a Cobra, Vette, and Gen 1 Viper in a sprint up to 80 or 100 with a bad driver....We are talking about one SERIOUSLY quick 4 banger here!

Fun car... Prices come down, I might get a used one...
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

The race ends soon after the 1/4 mile. The Cobra is all about top end and will drive away from a STI after the 1/4. Their is a 8 MPH diffrence in the trap speed at the end of the 1/4. I love the STI and atribute it's great accelaration to it's gear ratio. Many belive that the STI and WRX are quick do to the AWD system, but take a look at the AWD A4 Audi and you will see that it gets crappy 60 ft times and 1/8 times compared to the stock WRX. The 99-2002 S4 also had problems keeping up with the WRX in the 1/8. It's all about the gearing. Look back to the 80's when the Mustang GT with 200 HP and 4.10 gears could put a hurting on a Corvette with 50 more HP.

The race ends soon after the 1/4 mile. The Cobra is all about top end and will drive away from a STI after the 1/4. Their is a 8 MPH diffrence in the trap speed at the end of the 1/4. I love the STI and atribute it's great accelaration to it's gear ratio. Many belive that the STI and WRX are quick do to the AWD system, but take a look at the AWD A4 Audi and you will see that it gets crappy 60 ft times and 1/8 times compared to the stock WRX. The 99-2002 S4 also had problems keeping up with the WRX in the 1/8. It's all about the gearing. Look back to the 80's when the Mustang GT with 200 HP and 4.10 gears could put a hurting on a Corvette with 50 more HP.
    You are VERY correct. Gearing is a major player. If you can not apply your HP and TQ to the wheels in a benificial way, then you are slowing the car down. Not using all the potential.

WIEGHT, HP, TQ, GEARING, TRACTION TRACTION TRACTION!!! You get these right, then all you need is practice!

The 03/04 Cobra is geared more for off the line but has NO problems in sprints at high speeds. Gave many Z06's good runs up to 140... Even from a 60 MPH roll I could snag a Z06.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast