STI beats 04 cobra - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on STI beats 04 cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by subieworx I was watching HP TV this weekend and they worked on an 03 Cobra. STock it ...

Originally posted by subieworx
    I was watching HP TV this weekend and they worked on an 03 Cobra. STock it laid down 361 to the wheels. With a 2.8" pulley and reflash it laid down 420 something I think. That's 60 whp for like $300-$400. Not gonna get than in the STI.
    Also remember the exhaust and intake were still stock. Put on a X-pipe with cats, catback exhaust and a CAI and you're looking at another 50-60 rwhp.
    99 Cobra- Rio Red
    286rwhp 290rwtq (stock)
    MODS- Steeda Tri-ax shifter, Eibach springs, 03 Cobra Bilstein shocks, Bassini X-pipe w/cats

89 Saleen #342 Mods:Cobra intake,B303 cam,65mm throttle body,75mm bullet mass air,stock ported heads,24lb injectors,1.72 rocker arms,shorty headers,BBK hi-flow cats,2 chamber flowmasters,3.55 gears

236rwhp 276rwtq - Modded

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 281cobra
    Also remember the exhaust and intake were still stock. Put on a X-pipe with cats, catback exhaust and a CAI and you're looking at another 50-60 rwhp.
    That was the impressive part. They did mention something about that, but wanted the setup to work well with the tune from the programmer.

Bobby, It's not easy to make that kind of hp out of any car. The 03/04 motors are iron blocks instead of aluminum and their internals are forged. I read an article where Ford built the block and internal to handle 1000 hp. They were expecting people to run higher boost with these cars. They learned their lesson from the 5.4 litter used on the lightning. The first generation engine would grenade after 450 RWHP. I agree with you that the life expectancy of the engine will be drastically reduced. I also believe that this is true for the Supra. I could not imagine the stress these motors are being put through. I guess if you have the cash to build a 1000 hp car, then you have the cash to buy a new block and whatever else you need to replace when you experience an engine failure.

Drod, ya i agree, i imagine a untouched supra block running 1000 hp cant last too long. Then again, im not sure i would want a 1000 rwhp car, it seems like its almost too much power for a rwd platform. I would rather have a 1000 awhp car, but about the only cars i know that can do that are the skylines, which are basically out of reach for most ppl in the states. I would definatelly settle for a 500 whp cobra though, lots of power, and i would bet that its engine could last well past 150k miles since its so strong right out of the factory.

-BObbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    I have a video of a 1200bhp Skyline that is on a stock block and it is running just fine, it is a every day driver. *drools* Skyline. . . Mmmmmm
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Hey guys,

What is the difference between the 03-04 SVT Cobra and the Roush 3?

Also, I saw a mustang that had the exhaust in front of the rear tires...looked sweet, all lowered and stuff. Sounded great too. Can that be done with the SVT?

-freddie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123