Me vs Grand AM GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Me vs Grand AM GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I thought I would share my first race/kill ever with you guys. I was driving down a local highway ...

RPG

Me vs Grand AM GT

Well I thought I would share my first race/kill ever with you guys. I was driving down a local highway minding my own business when a Grand AM GT (One of the new ones) pulled up next to me. We stopped at the next light and he started to rev. Now I just learned how to drive a manual so I suck at just about everything when it comes to racing. But I did destroy this grand am pulling about 3 car lengths ahead of him. We stopped at the next light and he would not even look at me. Anyways I thought it was fun even though it was a just a Grand AM.

Side Note: Felt good to kick my old cars butt. I had an 11 year old Grand AM last.

-RPG
    2002 Platinum Silver Metallic WRX - Working on the mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My roomate has a 2002 Grand Am GT. Him and one of our friends who owns a 97 Chevy Malibu plan on going down to the track and racing each other, and I told them I get winner. Looks like it should be no problem, although he does have five neons inside his car and those add what? five horsepower apiece right?

The 01 and higher grand am GTs are fun cars to drive...that is if they were manual. They have functional ram air and that really does add 5 horsepower. But no they are not really competition for our cars.
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

Leave it to GM not to put the stick in it's performance version of the Grand AM.......

Or the Grand Prix GTP...

hehe, I had a 99 Grand Am GT before I had my WRX. Believe it or not, that car was a lot of fun for what it It had good torque down low and pretty decent & responsive handling. Unfortunately, that thing was an auto since Pontiac is dumb and doesn't offer stick with the v6. FWD was crappy too, but I didn't know better at the time.

Of course now that I'm in a real sports car and enjoy the beauty of all wheel drive on a daily basis, I don't think I could ever go back to that car...
    Paul
    2002 WRX 5-speed, WR Blue

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.