STi vs ...............
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi vs ............... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; http://www.bzz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/scoobycrash2004.wmv [/URL]...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yikes! I actually thought the STI was going to make that turn!

What a tool! STAY ON THE GAS!!!!

-Fess
    05 STi Silver/Silver Goodness!

Originally posted by 1fastsubie
    What a tool! STAY ON THE GAS!!!!

-Fess
    Is that what he had to do to straighten out? It seems like if he had mashed the throttle once he straightened out, he should have darted forward, rather than go out of control.

I have zero experience with that sort of racing. Except in videogames, so I am curious to know what he did wrong.
    '02 Silver WRX
    - PDX Tuned Stage 2.5 w/ APS FMIC, ACT Street clutch & flywheel

He caused "snap oversteer" I think he lifted late entering the corner then cut the wheel to the left, then the front tires bit and sooo long. When ever cornering hard if you feel the back comming around it is time to apply power!

My $0.33

-Fess
    05 STi Silver/Silver Goodness!

Seriously i have no idea how he did that. My guess is he hard brake when he turn left, cause he lose control right when he turns. Which I think there is still room for him to slow down before entering the coner. I couldnt be wrong.
    At that speed correcting the car is very hard. The steel wheel is extremely heavy, and everything is going so fast i think only very experience driver can pull it off.
    One thing for sure, that guy will remember that 2 seconds in the car.

WRX
    he was probably trying to drift around the corner, but forgot he was AWD.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

^^^ WRX is right....I was checking the vid zoomed and slow mo and the guy is gassing it but he has the front wheels pointed towards the WALL!! I believe that he should have had the wheels pointed straight ahead during his "drift". Just my opinion.

Actually his wheels are pointed the right way through most of the corner, his mistake comes right at the end, where he is 75% through the turn. At this point he sould have pointed his wheels straight while giving the car some throttle. He had the right idea through most of the turn, he just forgot to point his wheels straight at the very end, oh well . Honestly though before you go do that kind of racing you should atleast go to a parking lot and mess around with the car, so when you try to drift your 30k+ car you dont run into a wall when you should have clearly made the corner.

-BobbyD
    5spd/U/D/MBC/QTEC

Just a costly mistake of not knowing what you are doing. he will learn.

Also,

STi < Ditka
    Last edited by MJU1983; 05-29-2004 at 04:36 PM.

yeah.

Looks like he just got his STi coming from a (or learning on a) RWD drift car. If that had been a RWD car he woulda been fine, but thats the AWD difference right there.
    =+- 02' Midnight Black Scooby Rex-+=

I will take the tranny !
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

if what you guys said is true, then he must be stupid or out of his mind at that moment. Why would he drift at that couse, except he is in some kind of drifting track day.

I sure would like to learn how to drift. Bondurant (here in Phoenix) had a write up in AutoWeek stating they are going to teach it at their school. From the article, it states that it will be a 2 day course at a grand a day and they most likely will use the GTO.

My guess is he just came in too hot, ended up in a slide, continued to counter-steer, and when he finally got some traction after scrubbing off all that speed from the slide his wheels were pointed at the wall, and bam.
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.