Another WRX vs Evo.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Another WRX vs Evo. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; One of my coworker has the Lan Evo and been wanting to race me. Today was his last day of ...

Another WRX vs Evo.

One of my coworker has the Lan Evo and been wanting to race me. Today was his last day of work, so I decided to give me going away race. To be exact it was even a race. Since we did not want to take it on to the streets, we just ran through 1st gear in our parking lot. It was all for good fun, since I will not be able to see him often. I wanted to see how fast Evos are off the line. His Evo is stock and my WRX has Helix Up pipe, HKS downpipe/Invidia exhaust system and Gramlights 57C/Kumho Ecsta 712s. So we line up, I bring my rev up to 4K. I slipped the clutch and darted off the line and immediately took about car and a half lead going into 2nd gear, where I had to brake, because I ran out of room. What I want to ask is, if the race had been longer, would I able to take him through at least end of 3rd or even 4th gear? I know eventually, he'll reel me in. BTW, I am the better driver.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Got him on the launch eh? Well with no boost increase done to your car I'd say he would have went by you by the top of second gear, unless you are a much better driver than him.. It pretty much takes a full Stage2 WRX to run with a stock EVO (with = drivers)

My $0.33

-Fess
    05 STi Silver/Silver Goodness!

Ouch...poor wrx. Please be carefull, launches like that and your tranny may not be your friend anymore....good kill though. The evo has a good 2nd and 3rd gear though, try them out w/him another time...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Ouch...poor wrx. Please be carefull, launches like that and your tranny may not be your friend anymore....good kill though. The evo has a good 2nd and 3rd gear though, try them out w/him another time...
    I thought 4k was just about the sweet spot for launching?

Ya the evo's boost is really high, i believe there boost is set somewhere around 19 or 20psi and then tappers down a few psi at the red line, and if he doesnt know how to luanch/ you are the better driver that could be the reason you beat him off the line

anywho, good job

yeah if u launch any where lower then 4k can u say bog, and 2.3 60ft times long as yer slipping the cltch. i slip mine at 5k all the time.

you wouldve beat him. i raced two evos at the same time and i had an extra guy in my car and they pulled a half car on me from 2nd to the end of thrid. with you mods (way more than me) you wouldve beat him.
    07 STi Cobb AP2, TBE, Kartboy, RCE

Originally posted by axion7606
    yeah if u launch any where lower then 4k can u say bog, and 2.3 60ft times long as yer slipping the cltch. i slip mine at 5k all the time.
    ditto here..

Originally posted by WRB03WRX
    you wouldve beat him. i raced two evos at the same time and i had an extra guy in my car and they pulled a half car on me from 2nd to the end of thrid. with you mods (way more than me) you wouldve beat him.
    It takes a turboxs stage 2+ to keep up with a stock EVO. Even with stage 2, 4th and 5th gear the EVO will slowly walk.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

Originally posted by cb259
    I thought 4k was just about the sweet spot for launching?
    About 5200 rpm is the sweet spot...

As long as you slip the clutch you'll be ok...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.